Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not able to make calls..

New Poster

Not able to make calls..

I had phone and iternet added to cable last Tuesday 6/10/08 (in NJ).  The technician was unable to connect to the internet and submitted a trouble ticket.  That should have been my first hint that this was not going to work out. I spent many hours on the phone with service reps and finally got the internet working.  I was unable to make outgoing calls for the first 3 days and then after numerous calls to sevice reps who all told me to do different things, it seemed to work for a couple of days.  I came home tonight, Monday 6/16/08 to find I have the same problem.  I called and spoke to a rep who told me it could be my phone, it could be the wiring, it could be the modem is faulty, etc. and a technician should come out to take a look.  He said the next available tech could come on Sunday - 5 days from now.  I have decided I have wasted enough time on this, I am fed up and angry - the service is lousy, the equipment doesn't work, so I will probably switch back to Embarq tomorrow.  Comcast should stick with cable and forget the phone and internet business.  They **bleep** at it!
Most Valued Poster

Re: Not able to make calls..

roselee wrote:
I had phone and iternet added to cable last Tuesday 6/10/08 (in NJ).  The technician was unable to connect to the internet and submitted a trouble ticket.  That should have been my first hint that this was not going to work out. I spent many hours on the phone with service reps and finally got the internet working.  I was unable to make outgoing calls for the first 3 days and then after numerous calls to sevice reps who all told me to do different things, it seemed to work for a couple of days.  I came home tonight, Monday 6/16/08 to find I have the same problem.  I called and spoke to a rep who told me it could be my phone, it could be the wiring, it could be the modem is faulty, etc. and a technician should come out to take a look.  He said the next available tech could come on Sunday - 5 days from now.  I have decided I have wasted enough time on this, I am fed up and angry - the service is lousy, the equipment doesn't work, so I will probably switch back to Embarq tomorrow.  Comcast should stick with cable and forget the phone and internet business.  They **bleep** at it!

In NJ.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heroes aren't born...they volunteer...