Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Nomorobo setup

Problem Solver

Nomorobo setup

I attempted to set up Nomorobo and now all my incoming calls are busy.  I turned it off and back to normal.

Anyone have the instructions that will work with Comcast phone?

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Nomorobo setup

The same thing happened to me!  I couldn't remove to Nomorobo number from the Comcast Advanced Call Forward tab to remove it.  To turn off call forwarding I ent to my cell phone Settings>Privacy>Contacts and didable Xfinity Connect.  This is a nightmare!  I followed the instuctions from the Comcast website.

Regular Visitor

Same problem here.

Frequent Visitor

Update:  What you have to do, after setup, is to go on you cell phone Settings>Privacy>Contacts and ENable Xfinity Connect.  I believe what is happing once you enable Xfinity Connect is when a call to your home phone is placed Xfinity "reads" your Contacts (which you have enabled) and see that it is a valid caller and not a robocaller or telemarketer (since you wouldn't have them n your Contacts anyway.

Problem Solver

Sorry... I should have mentioned land line only.  Don't care about cell phone.

Need land line setup.

Regular Visitor

Land line also.

Problem Solver

Sorry I don't have   Settings>Privacy>Contacts and ENable Xfinity Connect  on my land line phone.

New Poster

THIS IS FOR "CELL PHONES ONLY"...IT CANNOT BE USED ON "LANDLINES". THE "APP" CAN ONLY BE DOWNLOADED TO A "CELL PHONE".

Problem Solver

Sorry, let's try this again.  Comcast Phone means land line phone since Comcast has no cell phones. 

So, anyone have success setting up your Comcast HARDWIRD landline phone with Nomorobo?

New Poster

Okay then...see if you can DOWNLOAD the app to your "LANDLINE"...let me know how that goes?

New Poster

Introduction

Below are some frequently asked questions regarding Voice 2go.

FAQs

How can I get the best experience when using Voice 2go? 
Voice 2go can be experienced with any connection to the Internet through your XFINITY Connect app. We recommend using a Wi-Fi hotspot for the best experience with Voice 2go.  Note that standard data and/or roaming charges may apply, check with your carrier.

Where do I download the XFINITY Connect app? 
You can download the latest version of the XFINITY Connect app from Google Play or iTunes.

What features does Voice 2go support?
The features of Voice 2go include:

• XFINITY Connect app provides access to these services:
    • Voice 2go Outbound Calling: Use your home or personal phone number to make nationwide calls from your iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch® or Android device.
    • Text Messaging: Send and receive text messages using your Voice 2go phone number.
    • Advanced Call Forwarding: With the XFINITY Voice Advanced Call Forwarding feature, you can automatically forward phone calls made to your home phone number with up to four additional phones or devices so you will never miss a call.
    • Personal Phone Numbers: XFINITY Voice also offers up to four personal phone numbers, which can be assigned to family members, and are separate from the primary account holder’s phone number. Personal phone numbers work within the XFINITY Connect app so you can make calls and text for free when on a Wi-Fi network, either in your home or on the go.

How do I make a call with Voice 2go? 

1. Download the XFINITY Connect app from Google Play or iTunes to your compatible smartphone or tablet.
  2. Sign into the XFINITY Connect app with your Comcast ID.
  3. If you haven’t already done so, activate your Voice 2go service.
  4. Tap the Call icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
  5. Dial the number you want to call.

Can I add someone to an existing Voice 2go call?

Yes, you can also add an inbound caller to your existing conversation within the XFINITY Connect app. When a new call is received, you have the ability to either place the existing call on hold or tap 'merge calls' to put both calls into conference.

How do I add and manage contacts in Voice 2go from XFINITY?
Your existing online address book in XFINITY Connect is available in the XFINITY Connect app and can be used to initiate a call in Voice 2go. Add and manage contacts the same as you would today within XFINITY Connect.

How does voicemail work?
Click on the XFINITY Voice tab within Voice 2go and you will be taken to the XFINITY Connect app visual voicemail view (this also includes all call logs). Remember to set up a voicemail pin to access your voicemails when you set up your personal telephone numbers.

Can I move between Wi-Fi hotspots when on a call?
No. Your call is restricted to the Wi-Fi zone you are in when the call is started.

Can I call people in other countries with Voice 2go from the XFINITY Connect app?
Yes, if you have added the international calling plan with XFINITY. Calling rates are dependent on your international calling package that you have available on your XFINITY Voice home telephone number.

Can I travel abroad and use my XFINITY Connect app to call?
Yes. By connecting your smartphone to any Wi-Fi hotspot globally you have access to making a call with your XFINITY Connect app as if you were calling from your home phone.  Note that standard data and/or roaming charges may apply; check with your carrier.

Do I need a smartphone to use Voice 2go?
Without a smartphone you can still use the Advanced Call Forwarding features of Voice 2go to direct any call to your designated telephone. In order to download and use the XFINITY Connect app you must have an iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch® or Android device.

How will caller ID for my personal telephone number be displayed?
Only the personal telephone number will display on the caller ID. In order to display a name, the receiver of the call will need to add the personal telephone phone number and associate it to a name in their local directory/address book.

Can I add a secondary user account to Voice 2go?
Yes, you can get four additional numbers that can be used by your family. Each of the additional numbers has access to the XFINITY Connect app and Advanced Call Forwarding.

Can I add Voice 2go to a secondary home telephone number?
No, at this time Voice 2go is only available for the primary home telephone number.

What iOS versions are supported by the XFINITY Connect app?
The XFINITY Connect app for iOS works on devices running iOS version 4.0 and above.

Are there certain iOS devices that do not work with Voice 2go?
Yes, Voice 2go will not work on iPod Touch first and second generation devices and iPhone 3G devices. In order to use Voice 2go it is recommended that users use iPod Touch third generation devices or iPhone 3GS devices and above.

What is my Security Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
Your Security PIN is used to verify your credentials when you first login to the Comcast Customer portal. You can have this emailed to you or sent by regular mail if you prefer. Once you receive the PIN, simply go to customer.comcast.com. After entering your PIN, you will have access to all of the exciting features of XFINITY Voice including Voice 2go.

How can I get access to my account in the XFINITY Connect portal if I have Skype Click to Call installed?
Simply turn off Skype Click to Call in your browser settings and you should be able to access the XFINITY Connect portal.

If my Advanced Call Forwarding destination number is turned off what happens to my Voice 2go call?
If you have only set up one destination number for your Voice 2go number and the device for this destination number is turned off, the Voice 2go call will go directly to the destination number’s voicemail. If the destination number does not have voicemail, the call will be diverted to your Voice 2go voicemail.

What if I decide to change my home phone number after activating Voice 2go?
As this is treated as a phone number disconnect, this will cause all of your activated Voice 2go phone numbers to be removed. In order to activate Voice 2go service on your new phone number and add new personal phone numbers, please follow the steps as outlined in Activate Voice 2go.

What happens if I have a seasonal account?
If you ask that your account go on a seasonal suspension, will need to reactivate Voice 2go via the XFINITY Connect app once your service has been fully restored. Once the account has been suspended, you will lose all of your current mappings, as well as your personal telephone numbers (PTNs), voicemails and text messages.

New Poster

Without a smartphone you can still use the Advanced Call Forwarding features of Voice 2go to direct any call to your designated telephone. In order to download and use the XFINITY Connect app you must have an iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch® or Android device.

New Poster

Problem Solver

JerryMitchell wrote:

Okay then...see if you can DOWNLOAD the app to your "LANDLINE"...let me know how that goes?

Again Jerry this is not a cell phone.  Please re read the thread if you don't understand.

New Poster

Obviously, I DO UNDERSTAND...what you don't understand is "I DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE TO DOWNLOAD THE APP TO".....do ya get it now???

New Poster

Neither do I have ANY of those "DEVICES LISTED".

Problem Solver

JerryMitchell wrote:

Obviously, I DO UNDERSTAND...what you don't understand is "I DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE TO DOWNLOAD THE APP TO".....do ya get it now???

If you don't have a cell phone why would you want to download an app for it?   Please post your problem on a new thread.

New Poster

I'm simply working from a DESKTOP PC...so, since I can't "DOWNLOAD THE APP", then I can't "ACTIVATE VOICE 2 GO".

New Poster

I can only ACTIVATE "Voice To Go" with the DOWNLOADED APP...without that APP, I don't get ANY "ADVANCED VOICE FORWARDING" FEATURE in my "Preferences"

Frequent Visitor

Saretooth:  Yes, Nomorobo is for landlines from Comcast, AT&T UVerseetc (VoIP).  You set up your account on a computer.  Then you go to your cell phone to enable Contacts in Settings for XFinity Connect.  I have an iPhone so that's how I completed the setup.

You're correct that Nomrobo does not work with cell phones, but I used it to complete the Nomorobo setup.

New Poster

Thank-You....finally someone understands me!!! I have XFINITY.

Problem Solver

I don't have a cell phone.  So this will not work on land lines then.

New Poster

BINGO.....what does he win Johnny???

Problem Solver

Well there ya go.  All you had to say was 'you have to complete the setup with a smart cell phone in order to work with a land line'. 

Makes no sense if you don't have a smart phone.

New Poster

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I HIGHLIGHTED....and, I said I don't have ANY of those devices.

Without a smartphone you can still use the Advanced Call Forwarding features of Voice 2go to direct any call to your designated telephone. In order to download and use the XFINITY Connect app you must have an iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch® or Android device.

New Poster

I guess you should "Read The Thread Too", eh?

Please re read the thread if you don't understand.

Problem Solver

Well you posted something about Voice 2 Go which has nothing to do with land line Nomorobo... as far as I knew at the time. 

I should call CC and ask them how to set it up from the web page without a smart phone.

New Poster

Yes..call CC...they'll tell you the SAME THING I COPIED FROM "THEIR INSTRUCTIONS"...but, you seemed determined to prove me WRONG...so, have fun for 1/2 Hour talking to someone that hasn't a CLUE what you're talking about, just like you don't have a Clue what I'm talking about....let me know how that goes, okay?

Problem Solver

Well at least I didn't post telling folks to download an app for their land line phone.  They are laughing now.

New Poster

That was a "sarcastic remark" meant only for YOU, and "I'M THE ONE THAT'S LAUGHING"!!!!

Connection Expert
Moved:

Flaming / name calling post by JerryMitchell removed.

Connection Expert
Moved:

Post removed. Keep it civil please or the thread will be locked.

New Poster

I've read all these threads - still no NOMOROBO service for COMCAST. I did receive a reply from NOMOROBO and they say, in part: "If all your calls are being blocked, it usually means the Nomorobo Toll Free number has been entered in a Call Forwarding List instead of a Simultaneous Ring List (These terms vary from carrier to carrier), which means all your calls are being forwarded to Nomorobo. Simply remove the number from the Call Forwarding list, and your calls will no longer be blocked."

Now, who knows if COMCAST even has a "simultaneous ring list" or something like that? I still have call forwarding turned off.

Tks.

Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have a Comcast advanced call forwarding that is working? Mine says-Advanced Call Forwarding settings are currently unavailable. I called Comcast and the first bunch didn't know anything about how to fix it,  next level tech called me back a few days later and said his wasn't working either. Said he would call me if he had a fix from higher up. So does anyone have one that is working?

Frequent Visitor

I spent 1 1/2 hrs on  a chat with Comcast rep today trying to set up Nomorobo correctly. I followed all instructions, downloaded the app on my iPhone, got a confirm from Nomorobo--BUT ALL CALLS TO MY LANDLINE ARE BLOCKED (BUSY SIGNAL) and no calls can get through! Although I explained this a dozen times to the chat rep, we got nowhere in 90 minutes. I must have set up Advanced Call Forwarding 20 times, deleted it, set it up again, etc. Very frustrating! Since literally 99% of all calls to my landline are robocallers, I have just let it stand as is--all my friends and family who might happen to call the landline and get the continuous busy signal just call me on my cell and tell me they are being blocked on my landline. There does not seem to be an intelligible way to fix this. At least not from any Comcast rep. They are friendly but ignorant.

Frequent Visitor

This is the step on Comcast web page instructions that is confusing:

____________________________________________________________________________________

1. From the list of Voice settings, click on Advanced Call Forwarding. From the Advanced Call Forwarding drop-down menu, click Add, then enter the Nomorobo phone number – 202-813-1600. Be sure not to forward all calls to Nomorobo, as this may result in a busy signal when calling your home phone.
  2. Click Save
  3. On the Nomorobo setup page, select Next. Then select Call me. I’m ready now to perform a test call and verify that the service is setup correctly. Please wait until the third ring to pick up the phone.

Your incoming phone calls will now route simultaneously to Nomorobo and your XFINITY Voice telephone number. Nomorobo will screen the calls and will automatically hang up if they are determined to be from an illegal robocaller or telemarketer.

___________________________________________________________________________________

BUT HOW DO YOU PREVENT FORWARDING ALL CALLS TO NOMOROBO when you have entered the Nomorobo phone no. in the drop down box as instructed? That means all calls are being forwarded there! Should you add some other number to the dropdown box as well? A "personal phone no." that you previously set up for the Voice2go service? Or add your landline number? I have tried it both ways and in both cases NO CALLS COME THROUGH.  All are answered by Nomorobo and disconnected. 

Frequent Visitor

I know that you can't set it up on regular call forwarding, been there done that, it has to be set up in advanced call forwarding in order to work. I sat it up in regular because I couldn't access advanced, it says it's not available, got the same results, the phone would ring once and all of my calls would be forwarded to Nomorerobo. 

New Poster

I had the same problem. All my calls were being sent to nomorobo and when I tried to change it voice preference it wouldn't open up. It said it could not render. After three hours with Comcast they said someone call me back in 24 to 48 hours. To solve my problem, I picked up the phone and dialed *73 and it cancelled the call forwarding. I've given up on nomorobo. I will just ignore the calls. Hope this helps.

Frequent Visitor

The way it looks to me they are more so  counting on us giving up than they are fixing the problem. I am not really interested in them sending me a email telling me the Forum team has been made aware of my issue, would like to receive support from  someone from Comcast who knows how to fix it. They offer the service, if it's broke fix it.

Frequent Visitor

Ronnie1948 thanks for the tip about *73 to turn off the whole thing. I tried de-activating the Nomorobo and call forwarding and advanced call forwarding on the comcast website but even after I X'd everything out, my landline was still only ringing once and callers get busy signal. After I tried *73, though, my normal phone service appears to be restored. Now I again receive 25-30 robocalls per day! But I did also receive a call from my sister for the first time in a week. You are right, Comcast is just counting on us to give up. I would cancel my landline service altogether except I occasionally need it if I have misplaced my cell phone or don't want to give out my cell no. to some place of business but need to receive their call.

New Poster

The Advanced Call Forwarding was fixed sometime Sunday 2-2-14. It stopped working several days ago, which was painful since I had successfully implemented Voice2Go, NoMoRobo., and got the number on Advanced Call Forwardiing. It had disappeared.

To be safe, I signed in to Nomorobo and started again. There are some display changes made in NoMoRobo, which are an improvement. The process was successful. You are taken from NoMoRobo to Comcast to add the number, and then return to NoMoRobo to receive their test call to make sure it is working.

Don't give up! I downloaded the Xfinity Connect app for my smart phone in order to sign up for Voice2Go. It was tough going, so I emailed the nice people at Voice2Go, and they said I was signed up OK.

With Voice2Go taken care off, you should pass through NoMoRobo with no problems. Pay close attention to Next buttons, because you must get back to NoMoRobo to finish up.
New Poster

Comcast told me that Advanced Call Forwarding had accidentally been left out of the billing system. Everything was OK after a billing change.
Frequent Visitor

Still not working. all calls get forwarded, can't access advanced call forwarding to take out the nomorobo number, can't get help from Comcast techs.  *73 seems to have worked, but I want this fixed with 24 hours or I hit Twitter, Facebook, and Linked In.  Loud and hard.

Frequent Visitor

Wow guys, really? What's with all the unhelpful posts?   Not eveyone is very technical so it's always best to just spell things out.    This whole setup is so convelluted a complete walk through and bug fig work around is warranted. 

I had the same problem, I thought I setup nomorobo correctly, but I accidetnally ended up forwarding ALL calls likethe working talked about.   After reading "Be sure not to forward all calls to Nomorobo, as this may result in a busy signal when calling your home phone."

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/nomorobo

I thought about it and double checked settings.  I too couldn't click on Advanced Call Forwarding with a rendering error or long string of coding junk.   

Here's how I just fixed mine.

1) Pick up your comcast land line home phone, and dial *73

(you'll get a message confirming all forwarding disabled)

2) Launch the XfinityConnect app on your iPhone or Android device.   Make sure it connects and you can access voicemail/text messages. (no error about down for maintainace etc) 

>>As an alternative, If you don't have a smart phone, barrow a friends, or install http://bluestacks.com android app emulator if you have a Windows PC. <<

2) Goto http://vmail.connect.comcast.net/voice/

3) click the GEAR icon in the upper right

(it's right next to the REFRESH, PRINT ALL, BUILD PHONE BOOK (buttons)

4) Now you can finally click on "Advanced Call Forwarding"  It will actually work this time around.   Youll notice the forwarding options look different!  You can have the phone ring at multile numbers.  This is the key that's missing.   I don't believe it looked like this until XFininityConnect was fully setup and working at least one time. (and maybe waiting a few hours/days)

5) Complete the rest of http://nomorobo.com setup

http://www.nomorobo.com/phone/setup/XXXXXXXXXXX  <~~ your number here

Contributor

JazJon tried your work around and I couldn't get the advance call forwarding to show in my voice preferences.  Called Comcast tech department and they couldn't see the advance call forwarding either.  They tried follow the instructions as shown online, but couldn't get nomorobo to work.  Hopefully, there will be a fix.

New Poster

NOMOROBO - WASTE OF TIME

Have spent a few hours over the last few days trying to set-up Nomorobo for my landline.

I resent that Xfinity requires one to have a smartphone in order to activate Nomorobo.  It's to prevent robocalls to a LANDLINE.  What does that have to do with cellular service???  What about all the people who don't have the money to pay $30+ a month for a data plan???  Are they simply going to have to deal with the robocalls on their landlines when there appears to be a method to halt them?   It's especially unfair for people who have a hard time getting to their phones because they don't have portable ones, or don't have caller ID.  

OK, I'm a newly lucky person who can afford a smartphone.  Tried to follow the instructions on the Xfinity, Xfinity 2 Go, and Nomorobo websites.   None of the instructions matched what was on each other's websites!  Had to improvise, which is unnerving and what's more, cannot remember how to duplicate it.  Nomorobo's site said my number was activated.  Next thing I know, all my landline calls are being forwarded to my cellphone.  What?  

I thought only my ROBOCALLS would be forwarded to Nomorobo, and that's it.  WRONG.

Fiddled with the settings on the Voice2Go app on my cellphone.  Got 2 robocalls on my landline.  Fiddled again, the landline rings once, no Caller ID, nothing. Have no idea whether Robocall worked or whether I lost a call meant for my family.

I've wasted HOURS on this and it's simply not worth trying to fix.  

Bottom line:  

Regular Contributor

I finally got it to set back up, coming from FIOS Comcast just does not make anything easy.  Now I don't want my cell phone to notify me of my home phone calls, can I remove the cell number from the advanced list and leave the service intact?  What happens if I remove the app from my phone, I have unlimited everything so I really don't have a use for another app, will advanced call forwarding stay in service?  If I wasn't saving $70/month to switch I would have stayed with FIOS, but money talks.

Edit to add I just unchecked my cell on the advanced tab and everything else held, now I just need a call to verify it works.  Shouldn't take long before Rachel from Card Services calls for the millonth time.

So it's been a few days and Nomorobo is working fine, just like when I had FIOS.  Not overly complicated but a few more steps than neccessary, just have advanced call forwarding from the get go.

Regular Visitor

Having downloaded the app to my smartphone and activated it (kind of a pain), I should, according to comcast, be able to use nomorobo on my home phone (comcast line via cable).  As a number have pointed out, it does not work.  Being able to see when someone calls my home phone on my cell is cool, but what I want is nomorobo on my home phone...and xfinity disappoints again.

Regular Visitor

So disappointed! Heard about this service on the radio, but apparently, Comcast hasn't figured out how to make it work!  What else is new?

Pat
Frequent Visitor

I've been messing with this off and on since January. I must have talked with half of the techs that work for them, they all start off saying they are going to help me. Not one of them from the bottom to the top has done anything at all to help me get this working!  It's, this will be fixed with in 24 hours, or I'll put you in contact with, nothing of what they say or do works. If any of them worked for anyone other than Comcast they would have been walking the streets long ago! If you can't fix it by unplugging it and waiting three minutes, they ain't got a clue! Needless to say I am fed up with Comcast, but where else are you going to go? They got you and they know it, and the government keeps letting them buy up any choices you may have in the future.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats