Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No voicemail indicator

New Poster

No voicemail indicator

We are not getting a voicemail indicator with a flashing light and the phone itself doesn't beep to let us know we have messages waiting.  Also, I have it set up to receive emails when a voicemail is left and it takes anywhere from 4 - 6 hours to receive an email.  I have it set up to receive emails because sometimes it's important to know that we have voicemails waiting because a response from us is needed ASAP.  And because we don't have the flashing light or the beep before the dial tone, and because I don't get emails on my phone until 11:30 at night (after we have gone to bed) we don't know we have voice mails waiting.  I

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No voicemail indicator

Hello,

Has it ever worked before?

Have you tried another phone?

Have you tried removing the phone jack for a couple of minutes and pluging it back in to see if that will work?

New Poster

My voicemail indicator doesn't work either, no indicator or stutter tone, and there's no option to set it either via the web page or from the voice mail menu.

Cable Expert

Please contact Comcast support, they will need to review or rebuild the codes on your account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Calling Comcast is a joke.  I've been on the phone for over a half hour with two different CSRs, and they don't appear to have a clue.  I had a similar problem on a Comcast line in another location, called them,they reset the modem and it worked, This time, I asked the CSR if she could reset the modem, and she said that had nothing to do with the phone.  I'm now on hold for God-Only-Knows who, and maybe they'll have a clue. Ridiculous, considering that, when I Google the problem, all kinds of postings come up, so it's not an isolated issue.