Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No service

New Poster

No service

I have been w/o phone service since 05/19/13. I have been unsuccessful in reaching customer service by phone.
A service tech was here on 05/25/13 due to me not having phone,wifi or tv. He left due to Comcast service being unavailable. When I phoned cust service the next day I was told an appt was being made & not to worry. I would appreciate a response & service as I have not been contacted.
I am also unclear on my cable service. The tech "rigged" it to go through my BlueRay by installing a HD box & removing my cable box. My WiFi is working after he replaced the router. Please help.
Regular Contributor

Re: No service

I am not sure about how the technician installled your televisions service, but you should check the connections n your cable modem.  You will want to make sure the coaxial cable coming going from the cable outlet to the modem is connected securely.  This cable might go through a splitter if you have another device needing cable service near the modem.  The modem should also be plugged into a working electrical outlet.  If these connections appear to be secure, you should try resetting your modem by using a ball point pen to hold the reset button on the back of the modem down for three seconds.  If this still does not fix the problem, you should try plugging a telephone directly into the modem if the modem was plugged into a telephone jack in the wall.  If the telephone service and internet still do not work, you might have a bad modem or the modem might need to be activated.  The activation telephone number is 1-855-652-3446.  You could also try plugging a computer into the modem with an ethernet cable and seeing if that works.  You should post back with results and what the lights are doing.

New Poster

Re: No service

Still no service. I was on the phone 6/9/13 for a loooooooong time with Comcast. My cell phone. Landline out since 5/19/13. I have told each person I have spoken to that lightning struck the pole their service is on. I would have thought someone would check this. My phone & tv work. I do not have your service. I need credit for service not received since 5/19/13. Does Comcast plan on resolving this issue?