Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No service, no help

New Poster

No service, no help

I am really frustrated. A week ago I changed my modem per Comcast instructions. Since then, I have no phone service. I called and was told it would be working in 4 to 8 hours. It was not. I retrieved a voice mail from the non-working service (really, you know the phone doesn't work and that’s how you try to contact me?). I called the number that was left and was told that there are high call volumes. I get that every time I call. That doesn't sound credible. After being forced to listen to commercials for buying some fight, I sat on hold until the call was dropped. Over the past week I have had a number of calls to my non-working phone with the same message and each call has had the same result. I tried using the online chat. We re-set modems, changed phones around (that all worked fine before the modem change). And then the person on the chat line just stopped responding. I got a call on my cell phone over the weekend. The message said to press 1 if I wanted to talk to someone. I pressed 1 and a gentleman said they needed to dispatch and someone would call me right back to make an appointment. I never heard from anyone.

I have no phone service. I cannot contact Comcast. You guys call the non-working number to talk to me when you have my cell number. The last message you left said my repair ticket was timing out.

I tried to find another number to call, looked to see if I could get an e-mail to the corporate level, but no luck.

I give up. I’ll check and see who else can provide service and maybe I can get my telephone working again. I don’t know what you spend on customer acquisition, but your service department is throwing that away. I’ll check with AT&T and see what bundles they have and maybe try one of the dish folks.

I just don’t understand why a company sells a product and then shows this level of contempt to the customers.

New Poster

Re: No service, no help

I have the same problem. can comcast or someone do something about this. its really frustrating.

New Poster

Re: No service, no help

Need technocal help with my phone