Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No phone service, no "Customer Service"

Regular Visitor

No phone service, no "Customer Service"

Today is Saturday and my problems started Thursday. I just got service installed Tuesday and everything worked fine for 2 whole days. We had a brief (15-20 min) storm Thursday night and ever since my phone is acting like I have a phone off the hook in the house. So, I unplugged all my phones and only plugged in one corded land line and still nothing. Meanwhile, internet and cable are fine. I decided to chat with an agent because my cell phone does not work well in my house and I figured I would need to be close to my computer to reset or unplug something. I chatted with "John" for about an hour Friday morning and we unplugged, unhooked and reset everything and he said I would get a "tech" to come out today (Friday). He gave me this appointment confirmation code CR193708014 and I gave him my cell phone # and he said a "Tech" would be calling me and come out at some point on Friday. No problem, I'll just run errands tomorrow. Well, 4:30 rolls around and no "tech" called or came out so I go stand in my driveway and call "customer service" again and she tells me there's an outage in the area and if the "tech's" not there in an hour to call back. Of course, no "tech" came out or even bothered calling so I called "customer service" again and spoke to "customer service " rep who told me my service would be up within 24 hours, someone was working on it "right now" and he didn't seem to know anything about a "tech" comming out to my house. Oh well, I give up for now. So I decided to give chat another try in the middle of the night Friday. I chatted with "Angeline" who was very sympathatic and told me to give her "a few minutes" and 30 minutes later she popped up on the screen "chat closed by Angeline, issue resolved". Hmmm, another hour of my life begging someone to give me something I'm paying for... I give up for Friday. Saturday I call around 9:30am and inquire as to why no "tech" came or called yesterday and they said I had an appointment for the 29th ---WHAT???---then I am told a "tech" can come out today (Saturday) but it's an all day appointment (meaning he can't gurantee what time the "tech" will come but he'll definatly be there).So I waited all day. Of course, he has never called or showed and I gave up on him around 4:30 and went out to my driveway and called "customer service" she said there was no "tech" scheduled for today I have an appointment for the 26th between 11am - 2pm. Then she tells me there is an outage in my area and she doesn't know when it will be repaired. Then to top it all off I log in and see my bill and my service is 75.00 more than what I was quoted. It's all comming back to me why I ditched Comcast 81/2 years ago.