Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No phone service in Southern MA either

New Poster

No phone service in Southern MA either

Can't get any calls to go through on Comcast Digital Voice.  Is this a known issue?  I'm in Pembroke, MA.

New Poster

Re: No Phone Service

I don't have service either. I can call my cell phone from the home but not my wifes cell or any other number.

Retired Administrator

Hi kjs - have you tried contacting 1-800-Comcast. That is the fastest route to have someone out to investigate. If you are unable to do so, please let me know and I'll have a contact follow-up with you.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have heard "All Circuits are Busy Now ' since 1 PM. Called in to service on mycell phone and the answer machine said "10 Minute wait" and hung up. Went on line to comcast.com/net and 'Live chat" = 210 in queue!! Why doesn't the IT put out the service disruption info on the phone message and the web page?? Then you would not have 210 in queue, not have 10 minute waits and - Better customer relations. Too bad Verizon isn't in New Hampshire.

Is Comcast going to payfor my cell phone minutes?? Yes.

New Poster

Is there an issue in the Bridgewater, MA area for phone service?  Both my lines seem to be down.

New Poster

I forgot to add - your 'Known Issues page" says no known issues. How can it be there are 210 in queue on Live Chat' and 10 minute wait on the 800 comcast phone?

Frequent Visitor

We're in Haverhill, MA and we're having trouble with our phone service as well. On hold at 1800COMCAST now waiting to speak to someone about it.

New Poster

Guess what this is >>

You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week regarding any service-related issue by calling 1-800-COMCAST or in any of the following ways:

Comcast Seven Point Guarantee - Failed Monday Nov. 1, 2010

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Outage Board not accurate

There's clearly a problem with the phone service in our area (northern MA) - I hear an automated message acknowledging this as I sit on hold with 1800COMCAST waiting to speak to someone about it. However, the Outage Board lists no issues whatsoever for Digital Voice in our area (I am indeed logged in to our Comcast account online so I can see the status for our area).

What good is the Outage Board page if it's not even accurate?

New Poster

hI---i'm in Lynn, MA an my land line is down,.....I chatted online with  a rep and was told there was an unscheduled maitenence in eastern Massachusetts and the problem would be resolved by 6pm.....it's been down since appx 1:30pm today 11/1/2010.......ctsjy2009@gmail.com

New Poster

Re: Comcast Outage Board not accurate

You've got that right.....

Regular Visitor

Re: No phone service in Southern MA either

Cannot make calls in Seymour CT either...hear clicks...phone hangs up

Regular Visitor

No phone services in Hartford and West Hartford CT

and no service on 1-800-comcast and #316 in chat queue

Frequent Visitor

Re: No phone services in Hartford and West Hartfor

I'm having same issue.  Keep getting "all circuits are busy" when trying to make calls.  Incoming callers get busy signal.

New Poster

anybody nhaving phone service problems?

Frequent Visitor

same issue in peabody am

Regular Visitor

I cant get through to comcast and Im in West Hartord. Number 336 in queue!!!! ATT here I come! Its one thing to lose service, its another not to be able to contact COMCAST for a resolution!

New Poster

I'm in Lynn MA and was told at 3:30 today  it was unscheduled work in the Boston area and would be fixed by 6pm......we'll see what happens

New Poster

I am in Revere ma and the same thing is happening to me I can call certain numbers and other numbers I call I get either a busy signal or a message saying all circuts are busy.   Anytime I get a call I cant hear anyone on the other end.  I am currently #197 waiting to chat with a customer service rep. I will let you know what they say

New Poster

no outgoing calls in Cambridge this afternoon either.  What's the deal Comcast?

New Poster

I'll post here again when I get thru.....it's now 6pm was told this would be the latest the phone lines would be out......

Frequent Visitor

I couldn't even get into a cue.  Message told me to call back later!  I had the same thought about switching to ATT.  This is not the first time.  When you do get through, they have you reboot the modem and tell you it's only happening at your modem.  Then they tell you they can't fix it remotely and need to schedule a service call, which they can't do for 3 days. Then, miraculously, the problem goes away when you try the next day.  This has been the pattern for me.

New Poster

Re: anybody nhaving phone service problems?

it seems to be all over newengland....I'm in lynn, MA and was told it would be fixed by 6pm but it hasn't been....told it was a service issue.....

New Poster

Yes, in Jamaica Plain (Boston).

Frequent Visitor

I noticed that too.  When I logged onto the Live Chat there were 415 people waiting to speak to Customer Service.  I couldn't even get a line out to call them.  I have no idea why they don't post something about service outages as they happen.  I'm #194 now.  I have been having minor problems for a few weeks now.  Today, I have had dropped calls and no connections.  I have been having trouble with any long distance calls.

New Poster

My landline in lynn ma has been out since 1:30pm 11/1./10-----chatted with someone in service and was told it was uncheduled updates to service. Service back in 2 or 3 hours.....Just waited thru 340 people for chat service only to be given nonsense answers that were barely english, then cut off.....What is going on!

Regular Visitor

I got recorded message that its an area wide outage.
New Poster

NO PHONE SERVICEALL DAY - NO LONG DISTANCE

DOCTOR FOR PARALYZED HUSBAND IN MASS.  UNABLE TO CALL HIM WITH ISSUE.   WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PHONE SYSTEM

New Poster

No phone service in MA or NH what's going on?

I've been trying all day and I can't make or receive calls and my brother lives in N.H. and he is having the same problem. This is not good.

Frequent Visitor

Phone service

Just heard the phone service is out in the New England service are. Has anyone heard how long ?

New Poster

yes haverhill ma also.  The live chat has 534 phone issues in the queue if that means anything

New Poster

Phones are not working?!? grrrr

has anyone had a problem with the phones not working. I can't call out and the phone will ring but it will be dead air. The caller calling me gets a fast beeping tone. Any quick fix for this?

Frequent Visitor

Pembroke Ma same issue heard its allover New England. How to you back out of being locked into Comcast for another year? Have no choice for cable TV in town, but I can go back to Verizon for voice and internet. Will never bundle again to save a few cents.

Frequent Visitor

Phone problems in NH too.  Why is there an area-wide outage and why isn't the outage board reflecting that?

They just tried to raise my rates again.  I'm about to drop Comcast and try DSL again or Fairpoint fiber optic service and Vonage.  Have had nothing but trouble since the wonderful Xfinity upgrades that I didn't ask for and don't change my service.

New Poster

Still no phone service in New Hampshire either.

Anyone know what the deal is yet?

New Poster

Winthrop MA here and we can receive calls but not make any outgoing calls.  Anyone have an update?  I cannot reach comcast via the phone (obviously) and I am #582 in line on the chat...might be a while before I hear anything.  I will update here if I get any info.

New Poster

there are quite a few places with phone troubles tonight

Regular Visitor

"All circuits are busy" inbound/outbound in Braintree as well, but if it's any consolation... I was checking out the BELD (Braintree Electric/Light Division) pricing plans for their complete service packs, and they're experiencing a widespread outage as well.  (Website indicates an issue with their service provider)  This very well may be more severe than just Comcast, although.. it would be nice to have an official notification from them to ease our minds. 

New Poster

I'm in Ipswich, MA and have phone service problems. When someone is trying to call me the phone rings but when I pick up I hear nothing. When I try to dial out I get a dial tone but as soon as put it the phone number the call is dropped.

Frequent Visitor

all day outage 11/1

Its a shame the only way we knew there was an issue was on the evening news! something should have been bosted on your main pages!! we all should be getting refunds for the day that the phoens system was down.

Fed Up