Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No phone service for almost two weeks

New Poster

No phone service for almost two weeks

I have contacted Comcast customer service on this issue numerous times and still have no phone service.

A customer service representative promised to send out a new modem on 10/22.  Never arrived.

Spoke with a local customer service representative yesterday, 10/30 who said she would overnight a new modem.  No modem arrived today.  Called back today and the same customer service representative said she now does not have authorization to send out a new modem.  She said she had to send an email to obtain authorization to do so.   

Comcast does not have a good service department at all.

Regular Contributor

Re: No phone service for almost two weeks

You can try sending an email to Comcast at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com because this department can sometimes resolve issues that the phone support department cannot.  If you live near a Comcast service center, the easiest way is to take your modem to the service center and ask for a replacement modem.

For your phone not working, you should try resetting the modem and checking the coaxial cabke connection on the modem if you have not already.  You should also try plugging a working phone directly into the phone jack on the modem to see if the phone wiring in your house is having a problem if you use the phone jacks in your house.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem.  I will request a refund of my money being charged for a service not delivered.   Unreliable phone service is NO SERVICE!

If you have children at home alone there is no ability to call 911. This is not an option.  Its only a matter of time before someone's house burns down, someone dies ... etc.

If you suffer a loss, sue.

Regular Visitor

Try installing a signal booster to the coax cable that branches to your phone.  I just spoke w/ Erica at Comcast re same problem.  She said the issue is with a weak or unstable signal to the phone modem. 

Call comcast- they will tell you the specific one to install w/ your equipment.  They can also have a service tech person install it and re-check your whole set-up.

Good luck.

Official Employee

Tdr, what are the lights on tel 1 on the front of your modem doing?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon