Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No phone even with power backup

New Poster

No phone even with power backup

Two power outages in my subdivision over the last two weeks.  I know I have a battery backup on the modem but I also have a whole house generator which kicks in 15 seconds after a loss so power is not the issue within my house.  However, both phones and internet remain down until power is restored to the entire subdivision.  Doesn't Comcast have backup power systems in place to keep the subdivision alive during these outages?  With alarm systems (also with their own battery backup) depending on phone service to communicate to the monitoring stations, is this the best Comcast can do? 

Cable Expert

Re: No phone even with power backup

Most Comcast systems have battery backups for 8 hours on the plant to keep the amp's going.  Perhaps the backup supply has failed out on the pole.

The question would be is the US and DS led's on the eMTA  telephony modem going dark when the power drops?

To get to the right people, email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and explain your issue, they will get the right local people involved.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon