Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No phone Service

Frequent Visitor

No phone Service

Recently, I have been noticing that I'm losing voice and internet service.  I check my internet and it says limited service or no connectivity.  I called customer service and they told me that my modem is bad.  I drove to the service center and got a new modem.  It worked for a day and I'm periodically losing service still.  Someone suggested that my router could be bad.  Would my router affect my phone, since the phone is plugged into the modem?  I did check all the wires, everything is tight.

New Poster

Re: No phone Service

I have no phone service either.

I just plugged in for the ifrst time even though I havebeen paying for it for 6 months now and it does not work.  My guess is it's Comcast,not your equipment.

New Poster

I, too have had issues with phone lately. Sometimes when people are calling me, it will ring twice and just go dead on their side before I pick up. Sometimes you can get as far as my voicemail but then it will go dead before getting to the option of leaving a message. I've tried calling my phone from my cell phone and find this happens sometimes & is hit or miss. This is an office phone and I need dependable service. Please advise.

New Poster

I had the same problems last month. I had two new routers put in. The tech that came the second day told me that the real issue was the ip addresses that Comcast had was at " 150 % " usage (which means that everyone couldn't go on at the same time ), He told me they were changing everything over at the head end in Toms River so that's why the problem (not the modems/routers)

If your account # starts with 01620 that means that you are in the Toms River head end. They might be doing this in other areas also. I used to work for Comcast and they won't advertise what's going on because then everyone would be calling up looking for a credit to their account.