Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No dial tone

Contributor

No dial tone

I've had triple pack for few months but never used voice. I wanted to use it so Friday they said I was activated. The blue light is cold for telephone 1, and phone works when plugged into modem. I only have one other phone outlet and phone doesn't wrk. Will a tech be an,e to fix wiring or do I need to ask someone else
Service Expert

Re: No dial tone

Wendy730 wrote:
I've had triple pack for few months but never used voice. I wanted to use it so Friday they said I was activated. The blue light is cold for telephone 1, and phone works when plugged into modem. I only have one other phone outlet and phone doesn't wrk. Will a tech be an,e to fix wiring or do I need to ask someone else

If the phone works when plugged into the modem, then COmcast has fulfilled their end of the contract.   Your internal wiring is your responsibility and you will need to address that.    In normal situations, backfeeding your house wiring from the modem to the wallplate, normally activates the phone jacks in the rest of the house if it was wired correctly in new construction...   there is no rhyme or reason when it comes to electricians wiring home phones when the unit was built though...

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Re: No dial tone

Wendy730 wrote:
I've had triple pack for few months but never used voice. I wanted to use it so Friday they said I was activated. The blue light is cold for telephone 1, and phone works when plugged into modem. I only have one other phone outlet and phone doesn'twrk. Will a tech be an,e to fix wiring or do I need to ask someone else

This depends a lot on the type of residence. If you are in an apartment, this is something that our techs do not do and you might need to contact your leasing office or contract someone to get the other phone jacks active. Now, if it is a house our techs can go out to active these jacks but in some cases it will be at a cost. If you have any other questions regarding this let me know.

If this or the previous comment answer your question please mark it as a solution, this helps other customers in the future. -FC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon