New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No dial tone and reboot does not fix problem

ANSWERED
New Poster

No dial tone and reboot does not fix problem

If a supervisor would please contact us via email we would appreciate it. Our phone and internet have gone down nearly weekly (no exaggeration) for 24 hours or more each time since comcast installation (close to a year ago). We have had several tech visits with the most recent tech telling me that our neighbor (a comcast employee) has the same issue and they may have to replace our modem (for the 2nd time) and to call if the phones or internet goes down again.  Well 3 calls later and no return calls from comcast tech I am emailing to try and get some help.

Accepted Solution

Re: no dial tone

This has been happening to us weekly for over a year now.  What's worse is when our phone is down our internet is often down.  Without cell phones we can't call to request a fix unless we are at work.  In fact, our phones have been down all day today.  I just called a comcast rep from work and they told me that there was nothing they could do unless I could call them when I got home to tell them what the modem lights looked like.  After a 15 min conversation and the rep asking a supervisor they said they could send someone out tomorrow but if they call ahead and nobody answers then the tech won't show.

What a great customer service guarantee.  We guarantee that our service will go down and you will have no way to contact us so we can fix it.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: no dial tone

This has been happening to us weekly for over a year now.  What's worse is when our phone is down our internet is often down.  Without cell phones we can't call to request a fix unless we are at work.  In fact, our phones have been down all day today.  I just called a comcast rep from work and they told me that there was nothing they could do unless I could call them when I got home to tell them what the modem lights looked like.  After a 15 min conversation and the rep asking a supervisor they said they could send someone out tomorrow but if they call ahead and nobody answers then the tech won't show.

What a great customer service guarantee.  We guarantee that our service will go down and you will have no way to contact us so we can fix it.

Cable Expert

Re: No dial tone and reboot does not fix problem

The Comcast Cares Teams has been notified and will followup on Wednesday. 

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Happening here too, Milford NH.  I've been losing internet and phone intermittently for the last few weeks.  Both went down today around 1:00 AM for 2 hours.  Internet came back after that time but phone is still down at 2:30 PM.

What causes a major service supplier of broadband and phone to drop service like this when no other services or utilities are suffering the same problems?  I never had this problem with Verizon or Farpoint land lines.  If anything, those phone lines stayed active even during power outages. 

What's up with Comcast? 

Just called customer service.  Apparently one more reset after restoration of internet service was required to restore the phone too.  That worked for about a minute.  Then right after I ended the call with service (I called on my cell, BTW), the modem went completely down - now no internet or phone.

So I reset again.  Now Internet and phone are back up again.

Good grief.  I dumped Farpoint not because of constant hassles like this, but because moneywise Comcast was the better deal.  Now I'm wondering if I should sacrifice more money for better service.

Seriously, folks, these downtimes have to be reduced to at least compete with the other carriers.  Why not?  Why can't Comcast do it when other carries can?

Enough steam.  Let's see how long it lasts this time around.

Problem Solver

--

I'm so sorry for the ongoing issues with your phone and internet services. I have escalated both your issues for phone and internet to have someone reach out to you for assistance and I have also indicated to reach out to you VIA email as well.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-