Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No caller id on box. Comcast cust service can't figure out why.

Frequent Visitor

No caller id on box. Comcast cust service can't figure out why.

I have the Comcast triple play (was just installed a couple of weeks ago).  I have spoken to Comcast a few times about the caller id not working on the tv.  Some say it's not avail in my area, others say that they don't know why.

I have a Cisco RNG200 (DVR) and Cisco RNG150.  Received the new prog guide a few days ago.

I don't have an ITV option at all.  Zipcode is 33437.

Is there some issue, or just not yet avail in my area?  I was told that my area was upgraded, but nobody really seems to know the answer.

Thanks

-Dave

Cable Expert

Re: No caller id on box. Comcast cust service can't figure out why.

Comcast doesn't have any public dates that the advanced features like CID on the TV & MyDVR will be available in SA area's.  Rumors are late 2011, which means more like 2012, and then it won't all come at once, it will roll out in regionns like the new guide.

Your area was not upgraded for these features, as no one has it anywhere in a Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipped area.  The new S25 guide is the very beginning of getting these features onto SA equipment, but there is still much work ahead for these features.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon