Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No active phone numbers found on your account

New Poster

No active phone numbers found on your account

Interesting. Have called support and bounced iteratively between phone and web support 8 or 9 times. Tried posting to support forums. Still no resolution to my issue.  My Xfinity Triple Play voice line _does_ work, and I'm billed for it, and it shows up on my bill, and it shows up when I login to comcast.com. But when I try to Manage Voice Services such as setting the number of rings before it goes to voicemail, I always get a popup stating "No active phone numbers were found on your account."  Alternately, popup reads "Sorry, but there's something wrong with your account. Please contact Customer Care and tell them about the following error: No TN Found on account" -- yet clearly there is a TN on my account?!?!

When will I find a support approach where someone with Xfinity/Comcast will take ownership of the problem and get this resolved? I've invested easily a dozen hours and more on this over the last two months.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No active phone numbers found on your account

Front line agents may need to submit a ticket to tier 2 to investigate, something sounds wrong on the back end.

New Poster

I had the same problem.  I was apparently logged into the account as a secondary user and received all of the mesages you reference.  Plus I got tossed about by comcast "support."  On a whim, I logged out and back in using the comcast.net email address (we don't normally use comcast email).  But it did the trick.  I was able to adjust my phone settings.  

New Poster

Indeed a larger issue on the backend seems apparent. However, to date multiple sessions (five now, six? losing track) of Customer Care vioce or chat result in ping-pong between Phone team and Web Team.  One voice session with Customer care over the course of nearly two hours I bailed after Phone-Web; Web-Phone; Phone - attempted to pass back to Web team. Despite my inquiries about escalation, no path to escalation seemed open to the phone and web teams of customer support -just back to web, back to phone... Frustrating and disappointing.

New Poster

I have the same problem. I have been trying for 10 days, and keep getting bounced to different levels and they do not have a clue how to fix the problem. I cannot send text make changes to my phone features. 

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. I can't access my voicemail when I do a search on my services it shows 4 remote controls and a modem. What can I do to get this corrected?

Regular Visitor

I receive the same message when I try to click on ADDITIONAL VOICEMAIL SETTINGS.  The phone works, but I cannot access the additional settings. 

Since I had Comcast change my phone number (due to all of the collection calls for someone else who had the #), I have received the above error message.  Though I've explained this issue to multiple Comcast customer service people, and, as usual, spent hours on the phone, NO ONE has resolved this problem. 

I believe that NO ONE at Comcast knows what they're doing.  The customer service people do not speak and understand English at a functional level.  Moreover, I get different excuses/explanations from everyone with whom I speak.  I've had it with Comcast.  The best thing to do is cancel my service as this isn't the only ONGOING problem I have with my services and customer service.

robert305 wrote:

I have the same problem. I can't access my voicemail when I do a search on my services it shows 4 remote controls and a modem. What can I do to get this corrected?

robert305 wrote:

Regular Visitor

Good luck I have had the same problem since 12/14.

Have had numerous calls and run arounds also.

last night was suposedly going to level 2 and would call me last night or today.

Not looking to recieve a call.

Will probably need to call a supervisor again next week.

Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem. Started a few days ago. Called "ciustomer care". They are totally clueless. Had someone in retentions check to make sure my account is coded correctly, and it is.

Frequent Visitor

My "Voice 2 Go" feature stopped working suddenly last week.  When I go to the page for this feature on My Account I am told that no phone number is assigned and that this action is pending and may take 48 hours.   After a week of waiting, I called customer service.   After spending 30 minutes with three different customer support agents who spent the majority of my time verifying my account information, it was clear that they could not help me.   Fortunately the last agent gave me the phone number specifically for a support center for the Voice to Go application.  

I called that number and a real person answered the phone immediately without any voicemail nonsense.   Her name was Donna.

She knew exactly what needed to be done.  The system did not have a phone number registered for my account for this application and it could only be reset from their end.   Donna reset the number for me and asked me to delete the Voice to Go app from my Ipad and reinstall it and log into my account.   Voila!  The app worked immediately. 

Bottom line is this:   This problem cannot be solved without intervention by someone in the Xfinity support team who has access to reset your number. 

Here is the number I used to get support for Voice To Go    877-599-1846   

PS:   This is a great app that has worked for me in every location I have been around the world.  All you need is a good WIFI connection..

Regular Visitor

Thank you so much for that phone number.   I spent a lot of time on the phone last week with people who could not solve this issue.   They gave me a ticket number and said someone would be calling me back but no one ever did,  imagine that.   Five minutes on the phone with the number you provided and everything is working just fine.