Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Voicemail service

Frequent Visitor

No Voicemail service

My voicemail has disappeared.  I tried to enter a chat and was told to call a number. Called the number and a female voice giggled and hung up. So this means I'm still trying to find out what the issue is.  I have the bundled service.  And have had the bundled service for a long time.  Now, it disappears. What is the problem?

New Poster

Re: No Voicemail service

Im having the same problem, been transfered to several different numbers and they all just say your service is working fine. HARDLY! NO VOICEMAIL! This # is used for my business and is a HUGE inconenience. Hours on hold and still no help.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, says I no longer have an account and customer service just hangs up

Problem Solver

CCUnstable wrote:

Same issue here, says I no longer have an account and customer service just hangs up

Sorry about any inconvenience this problem may have caused you.

I made few changes in the backend. Can you please clear cookies, Temporary Internet Files off the browser and then try the below steps:

-          Visit http://xfinity.comcast.net/

-          Sign in to your Comcast account 

-          Click on Voice tab

Let me know, if you are able to view call logs.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Problem Solver

Emphatha2 wrote:

My voicemail has disappeared.  I tried to enter a chat and was told to call a number. Called the number and a female voice giggled and hung up. So this means I'm still trying to find out what the issue is.  I have the bundled service.  And have had the bundled service for a long time.  Now, it disappears. What is the problem?

I don’t see XFINITY Voice service enabled on your account.

May I know, when you opted for XFINITY Voice service and do you have a confirmation email with regard to activation on XFINITY Voice service on your account.

Please private message the details (TN, account number and Bundle service confirmation email) thereby I can escalate the issue to the concerned team and have them look in to the issue.

Thank you,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Frequent Visitor

Brian, I have had Voicemail with comcast now since the service was available. I don't know what you mean about a "bundle" confirmation.  I've been paying my bill on time for years now.  I think the onus in on you guys to find out what happened.  Certainly I can provide you with my account number, is that what you mean? Perhaps the "confusion" happened when my service was changed to my new address. I moved. I placed the order for the change to my address on March 4th; however, Comcast never did the re-install until March 14th. Surely, my account could not have been tampered with ... could it? Sincerely puzzled, Barbara

Frequent Visitor

All I wanted to do was change my phone # due to so many unwanted and unidentified incoming calls. Can't believe it turned out to be such a huge problem. First off I was so offended by customer service reps who could barley speak english transfer me several times to different departments or flat out hang up on me, one even told me to speak up when I was already practically yelling. With customer service being of no help at all I decided to contact Comcast/Xfinity through the chat service and that rep was determined to fix the problem. She explained that it was a problem on "the back end" of the issue, meaning whomever I talked with about getting a new number didn't complete the process. This rep did fix the problem and was so kind, spoke clear English and never wavered in her attempts to do so. She was amazing compared to all the other reps who where nothing short of rude and incompetent idiots. Anyhow, it's fixed and working fine but I still can't believe how much of a problem this was to complete. To be totally honest I hate Comcast/Xfinity but have no choice in using their services due to the side of the building I live in faces NorthWest otherwise I would have had The Dish Network a long time ago. I'm way over charged for my 'bundled' package with outdated, primitive DVR equipment that is so limited in it's capabilities and Comcast does nothing but feed the subscribers with blame on the networks. How about some simple picture in picture capabilities or would that to send your techs and reps into a certain death spiral?

Problem Solver

Emphatha2 wrote:

Brian, I have had Voicemail with comcast now since the service was available. I don't know what you mean about a "bundle" confirmation.  I've been paying my bill on time for years now.  I think the onus in on you guys to find out what happened.  Certainly I can provide you with my account number, is that what you mean? Perhaps the "confusion" happened when my service was changed to my new address. I moved. I placed the order for the change to my address on March 4th; however, Comcast never did the re-install until March 14th. Surely, my account could not have been tampered with ... could it? Sincerely puzzled, Barbara

We did not minor changes to the account in the backend.

Can you please verify and let us know, if you are able to view Voicemails and call logs on your XFinity Connect account.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Frequent Visitor

I still do not have XFinity voicemail servicesA representative yesterday (by phone) told me the problem was that Comcast did not transfer my newly assigned number (by Comcast) to the Voicemail accountShe said to hold on the line and she would fix itShe never came back to verify AND the connection was cut off. I receive incoming calls direct to my landline; however all previous services I had (on line) prior to the move has never been restored.