Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Voice Mail Indicator

New Poster

No Voice Mail Indicator

I have an AT&T cordless phone set in home, Model No. CL82315, Dect 6.0 (3 handsets). I do not use the built in answering capibility and have disabled per phone instructions. I rely on the Comcast voice messaging. Unfortunately, when a voice message is received through my Comcast service, the AT&T phones do not indicate that I have messages. So, each night after work I just check my Comcast messages. Not too big a deal, and I have activated the email function to receive email from Comcast when message received with attached voice message, but would be nice to have voice mail indication show on the AT&T phones when voice message is received.  I suppose I could also just activate the answering system on the AT&T phones, but would rather stick with using Comcat voice services. The AT&T manual states that "some telephone service providers bundle or combine multiple services like voicemail and call waiting, so you may not be aware that you have voicemail, so the new voicemail indicator display on your handset from your service provider may not  work."  Strange, as my old cordless system and voice mail indicator worked just fine with Comcast voice. Any thoughts, help here? Thank you.    

Admin1

Re: No Voice Mail Indicator

HI frustrated1999 -- I believe you've answered your own question. This phone set is not picking up any voicemail indication based on design. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon