Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Tone and No Light Regarding Waiting Messages

Regular Visitor

No Tone and No Light Regarding Waiting Messages

A few months ago the indicator light on our messaging machine stayed lit although the messages that were waiting had been accessed.  Went online and hit the refresh button for the indicator and that took care of that problem. Now however, regardless of whether we have messages or not, nothing indicates it; the light no longer lights and the tone that announces waiting messages no longer indicates waiting messages when picking up the phone.

Now the refresh button no longer works.  Returning to the web page to refresh, I can click on edit and the box shows up but when I click on it nothing happens but I can see in the bottom left of the page the word javascript when my cursor rolls over the refresh link.  I have tried accessing the refresh link through 3 different browsers and get the same result.

Checking email is our only option with the exception of just calling in to check and see if by chance we have messages.  Is there a solution?

Regular Visitor

Re: No Tone and No Light Regarding Waiting Message

Refreshed the signal via the online option today to see if that would correct the problem.  The only thing that was remedied was when the refresh button is clicked it now reports "there was a problem saving".  I just called my number and left a message to see if the indicator would work (it does not) and we also noticed that although the name of the caller still appears while watching telelvision, it doesn't indicate the caller is leaving a voicemail message as it once did.  Pretty lame deal.

New Poster

Re: No Tone and No Light Regarding Waiting Message

I have not had message waiting since COMCAST installed it.  Have had chats and calls, but it has not helped.  It will not work.  Anyone got help from COMCAST to fixt this?