Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Phone Service

Frequent Visitor

No Phone Service

I still have no phone service after numerous tries to communicate with tech support.  Every single time they say it will be fixed and every single time it has not nor have they called me back as promised.  My phone shows "no line" and has for over a month now.  I am tired of promises not kept, suggested fixes not working, and tech support being no help what so ever!  No one seems to be able to fix the problem which started with installing a new modem.  It worked fine before but hasn't since.

New Poster

Re: No Phone Service

Hmm I'm having the same problem except that when I call my number it is saying not in service. Have you had any luck?

Frequent Visitor

Nope, no luck at all.

New Poster

Same problem as of this morning.  Have you received any help?

New Poster

I have been havine "no phone service" since last night.   I have been having a lot of trouble having to reset my Modem about 5 times a day, but now the phone shows "in use" on line 1 from Modem, and "no line" from the second port.   I turn the phone on and it is static and sounds like SOS signals.  I haven't reached out to tech support yet, but Fairpoint it looking better and better. 

Frequent Visitor

No help, still same problem.  I gave up even trying I am so frustrated. Customer service/tech support - no such thing when it comes to comcast.

New Poster

I've been on tech support chat twice today totaling over an hour. First person was good, courteous but when I lost connection after he asking for me to do a test call then stating "I'll give you a couple minutes then call back". Guess what. No call back. Second person wanted me to tell them what had already been done when they have all the notes from the first case. They reset the modem remotely about half dozen times, closed the chat, and now all of the lights on the modem are flashing, Internet works fine, but still no voice.
New Poster

What's with no phone service??  Tel 1 is on, but tel 2 was blinking, but is now off.  

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I haven't had phone service since I signed up for the bundle, that was two years ago. I can make calls, but I can't receive phone calls. I feel why should I pay for a service that doesn't work. I pay 37.95 extra for a cell phone services so I can make calls. This is ridiculous! It's false advertising. They tell you for 99.95 you can bundle your service. Now I pay 175.00 which is a huge price increase. I ask the agent when the promotion expires how much of a price increase will there be. His reply "don't worry it will only be a few dollars more. My phone rings one time, I go to answer and the phone goes dead. If Xfinity can't supply their customers with real phone service, then it should be deducted from the bill. Forget about forums, we need to take them to court!

Frequent Visitor

I agree!!!   I still don't have phone service and haven't had service since January.  Comcast just doesn't care.  If I had another choice for cable and internet services, I would dump them and be done with them in a heartbeat.  I pay every month for a bundle I am not getting.  Can't wait til my contract is up!!!