Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Phone Service

New Poster

No Phone Service

We have also been having trouble with our phone.  We have a dial tone, but when we make calls we get a busy signal and we cannot receive outside calls.

New Poster

Re: No Phone Service

did you get this straightened out because I am having the same problem

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem which started early this morning (01/22/14).  It might be a system-wide problem, but definitely worth complaining about.

New Poster

We have had the same problem for the last month.  A technician came to the house (at Comcast's convenience of course) and fixed it for a few days.  Since then, dial tone followed by a busy signal when you try calling out.  Our calls go straight to voicemail as well; telephone never rings.

New Poster

We have the same problem. It has been over a week now. Tried the reset modem procedure several times with no luck.

New Poster

I have had this problem for the past 4 weeks.  Cannot receive incoming calls, can't make outgoing calls.  It is horrible.  Have to keep logging in to help and and getting the modem reset.  Fixes it for a few days and then it happens again.  Today when I asked to log a complaint or escalate the problem they just act like the don't understand you.  Why do I want to do that they fixed it.  They swear they fixed the problem and it won't happen again but it does.  I have taken to printing out the transcripts from every chat session where they swear it will not happen again but it always does.  Today they blamed it on the weather!!  I really liked Comcast but I am so over this phone issue. 

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I am so sorry to see that we are not the only people without phone service we can not get incoming calls on our line .  The customer service help is pitiful and totally unsympathetic infact they are just basically rude.  They were to come on Sunday between 1-3 pm  for a techician to repair the problem but they did not show up and there was no follow up  instead I was rescheduled for Wed and that is a wait of 6 days for phone service I can't even check my messages because I get the message that the phone is out of order.  Thanks for the message Mr K but your customer service is not all it is cracked up to be