Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Line and No Dial Tone..

New Poster

No Line and No Dial Tone..

I have 3 phones.. 2 of them say no line and have no dial tone.. The phone connected to the modem works.. I didn't change anything.. Not sure why my other phones just stopped working.. Anyone ever have this happen??

Cable Expert

Re: No Line and No Dial Tone..

This is a inside phone wiring issue with the wires, jacks and junction box or block in your home.  First, check the telephone cord from the eMTA telephony modem to the jack in the wall in the room with the telephony modem.  Next check the block or junction where all the telephone wires meet, it might be in the Network Interface on the side of the house, basement or garage depending on how the house is wired.  It could be a broken wire, damaged wiring, corrorded jack or other physical issue with the wires, jacks and splices.

If your not handy finding the issue, then you have a choice of getting someone handy to look at it, hire a local low voltage contractor or pay Comcast to fix it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for all the info.. Do you happen to know if I get a service plan with comcast, would they fix it for free.. Thanks again, Lisa

Cable Expert

If you pay for the monthly maintenance plan, all the coax and telephone wiring is supposed to be covered.  Double check with Comcast "just in case".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon