Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Dial Tone

Frequent Visitor

No Dial Tone

I have had xfinity voice for almost six years without a problem. A few months ago I was sent a new modem/gateway that was supposed to replace my old modem. Afterwards, I started to have issues where the phone would cut out intermittently and I would have no dial tone. Restarting the modem sometimes helped but not always. My able TV and Internet still worked fine, just no voice. I called customer service who told me I needed to switch out the modem/gateway. Now with a new modem/gateway I am still having the same problem. Had a tech out to the house this week who was unable to find anything wrong at my home. It doesn't work with a phone plugged directly into the modem either so I know it's not a wiring issue. I am getting very frustrated with Xfinity. This is the second major issue I have had with your technology this year. The first issue with my cable card took hours of phone calls and tech visits and was not fixed until I complained to the FCC. I would like someone who knows what they are doing to get in touch with me and fix this issue before I cancel the service and bring the phone company in (the only reason I haven't done this already is that I have a triple play package that is bundled with voice). Since I have an alarm system that needs a phone line, I am unable to arm while the phones are out, putting my family's safety at risk.
Service Expert

Re: No Dial Tone

aauletti wrote:
I have had xfinity voice for almost six years without a problem. A few months ago I was sent a new modem/gateway that was supposed to replace my old modem. Afterwards, I started to have issues where the phone would cut out intermittently and I would have no dial tone. Restarting the modem sometimes helped but not always. My able TV and Internet still worked fine, just no voice. I called customer service who told me I needed to switch out the modem/gateway. Now with a new modem/gateway I am still having the same problem. Had a tech out to the house this week who was unable to find anything wrong at my home. It doesn't work with a phone plugged directly into the modem either so I know it's not a wiring issue. I am getting very frustrated with Xfinity. This is the second major issue I have had with your technology this year. The first issue with my cable card took hours of phone calls and tech visits and was not fixed until I complained to the FCC. I would like someone who knows what they are doing to get in touch with me and fix this issue before I cancel the service and bring the phone company in (the only reason I haven't done this already is that I have a triple play package that is bundled with voice). Since I have an alarm system that needs a phone line, I am unable to arm while the phones are out, putting my family's safety at risk.

Since the TECH did not satisfy your issue..maybe it's time to get Corporate involved:

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon