Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Caller ID on the TV

Frequent Visitor

No Caller ID on the TV

I was told by a support person at Comcast that caller ID for the TV is not available in my area. That comment does not seem correct. How can I find out when or if Caller ID for the TV is or will be available?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No Caller ID on the TV

Are you in a motorola market?  If you are not then it is not available to you.  If you are and have the latest guide it is under the interactive portion of the guide.  If you are not its going to be a while.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure what you mean when you say a Motorola market.

Frequent Visitor

I have a Cisco cable box

Silver Problem Solver

Then Caller ID on the screen will not be available until Comcast updates the software on the cable box to the next version. As customers we the volunteers on the forums have no information on the schedule for this.

Silver Problem Solver

If you have a cisco box your not in a motorola market you are in a Scientific Atlanta Cisco market, and that feature is not available in those markets. Your market is at least two to three guide versions away from where they need to be to have that functionality.  comcast is just now rolling out the first version of the new guide to that market.  So its not going to be anytime soon.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your time. I guess I should have asked the Comcast guys more questions before I went with their service.  Thanks again.

New Poster

could you please fix why the caller id is not on my tv sets