Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Nightmare

New Poster

Nightmare

I ordered service on August 11. I was sent an email saying my installation and service was 179.86. When I ordered service agent told me it was going to be $119. I called at least 7 times and was assured that I was given the wrong information and that I should be billed for two rooms and that the agent only gave me pricing for one room. All totaled my time talking, waiting or being transfered exceeded over 7 hrs. Then adjusted bills kept coming each higher then the initial wrong bill of $179.86. My tv kept getting errors msg midway thru watching programs on HBO and the msg told me to change to another channel and I couldn't get through whatever I was watching and the basic channels I have are not good except for the news programs. Finally after about a week of this and my complaints I was connected to a technical person and the interruption msgs became less but still continue. These "issues" all happened on clear, sunny days so the weather was not a problem. On each call I was told my invoicing was corrected and after credits it was only $119. Then, I got an invoice indicating my bill was $222. Adjustments were made again and I was told I would be getting Showtime for free for all my trouble. Then they added a charge for "complimentary" Showtime but took off HBO programming!!! Then a technology person took off an additional charge he noticed wrong on my bill. ENOUGH!!! I had issues with my billing, customer service and technical issues since Day 1 and I have now decided to cancel. When I looked for directions to get to the cancellation area on my online account, I couldn't find it anywhere. I am elderly, low-income with depression and anxiety conditions in addition to being in pain. The topper to my terrible experience with Xfinity is that many of the customer service people didn't speak great English and when dealing with technical issues this bridge only makes problems worth. Horrible, horrible Xfinity experience. Wrong information, technical problems, and broken promises...all within the 1st month. I am out!
Regular Visitor

Re: Nightmare

OMG.............this sounds exactly what I have experienced for almost a month.  Every technician you speak to about the bill doesn't know what deal you were given and they say they fixed it and then all these emails come with different amounts on them ranging from 92.00 to 250.00!  

And then I was told to disregard any email confirmations, that those aren't the accurate bills.

I too am elderly with anxiety and have been made crazy with this billing.  I can't afford these high prices and no one seems to be able to give me the contract price I was quoted when I signed up for the 2 yr contract.

I believe they want you to give up and quit calling and just pay.  I also keep getting agents who don't speak clear English and that is so frustrating when you have to ask them to keep repeating things.

I always take the survey and Comcast doesn't like it when I give a 0 rating and say I'd never suggest Comcast to friends and family but it's the truth.