Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New voice customer - "no line"

Regular Visitor

New voice customer - "no line"

Recently upgraded from TV only to the Triple Play package. When upgrading, I indicated I wanted to keep the same phone number from ATT. My service was activated on 7/20 and everything works great except no phone. 

I wait 2 days and call Comcast. It seems a number port request had not been entered so the representative put one in that day. Unfortunately, this was the same day my contract with ATT ended. being worried about this, I contacted ATT and they told me it was too late to port the number over.

It is now 7/25 and still "no line" on my phone. Apparently, I will need a new number. Do I need to just wait until Comcast realizes it can't port that number over? What should I do?

Service Expert

Re: New voice customer - "no line"

Jay_Tee wrote:

Recently upgraded from TV only to the Triple Play package. When upgrading, I indicated I wanted to keep the same phone number from ATT. My service was activated on 7/20 and everything works great except no phone. 

I wait 2 days and call Comcast. It seems a number port request had not been entered so the representative put one in that day. Unfortunately, this was the same day my contract with ATT ended. being worried about this, I contacted ATT and they told me it was too late to port the number over.

It is now 7/25 and still "no line" on my phone. Apparently, I will need a new number. Do I need to just wait until Comcast realizes it can't port that number over? What should I do?

DO NOT WAIT for Comcast to do anything...  it will be lost in the corporate quagmire...   Calll into Comcast and explain to the CSR what happened....  they should be able to then assign a COmcast number to your account and get it provisioned to the device...... this can takje from 24 to 72 hours so do not delay...call in as soon as possible to get this started.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon