Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New triple play service w/ porting problems

New Poster

New triple play service w/ porting problems

So I was helping a friend set up new service with Comcast as they are moving and wanted to reduce their bill. I convinced them to switch from DirecTV & att (phone & dsl), well it has been almost problem free. We have the service ordered, the equipment being shipped and we are supposed to set up shop this weekend so that way we are open for business come Monday.

Well on my third call to Comcast to finally sign up, half way though the call I was asked for the number I wanted to port, after a minute she comes back and says that she can not port the number and we would have to get a new one and she was not completely sure of the problem.

After some dialog she said she would give us a temporary number and referred me to the service dept to see if there was anything they could do. Service said it was the sales dept who had to help me, he sent me to sales who could not find a reason as to why the number couldn't be ported and in turn referred me to at&t to see if it was something on their end. Called att, again bounced around depts. and was told that there was nothing stopping Comcast (on att's end) from porting the number. Mind you the dsl line & phone line run on separate twisted pairs & accounts so that couldn't be the problem.

I have moved landlines before from one block over to clear across town (of course with the same area code), ported numbers between cingular, sprint, metro etc, even from att to Vonage not a problem. But I have spent the past 6 hours on the phone trying to work this out.

Heck the only reason were even really trying to keep the phone is because the triple play package is cheaper than a double play pkg (internet & tv).  So can someone cut me a break and tell me what's going on?

Cable Expert

Re: New triple play service w/ porting problems

I could give you multiple idea's but instead, I'm notifying the Comcast Cares Team to look into the details.

They will respond during the business week as they work their way down the listing of issues ahead of you in the forums.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Re: New triple play service w/ porting problems

I've escalated this to the regional management office

Steve

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon