Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New to Xfinity Voicemail, lookng for help with ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS

New Poster

New to Xfinity Voicemail, lookng for help with ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS

The Xfinity Voice User Guide has a tree on page#25 Managing Voicemail that shows what numbers t press from the main menu for the requested functionlity. i.e. Press 1 to review your messages, etc.

However, the guide just shows Press 2 for administrative options and then press 5 to skip your password.. but does not dispay or explain the other administrative options.

I am looking for the option to set the number of rings before voicemail answers incoming calls.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: New to Xfinity Voicemail, lookng for help with ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS

See Jay's post (in green) in this Thread.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/how-to-change-number-of-rings-before-it-goe...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: New to Xfinity Voicemail, lookng for help with ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS

Yes, that works through xfinity connect if you have xfinity connect.I do not have the Voice Option shown in xinity connect yet, I've had the xfinity voice for two days.  Comcast says maybe sometime this weekend or early next week and it should show up. They don't know where any documentation is for Administrative Options.

As stated I'm new to Xfinity Voice and am looking for Xfinity Voice Administrative Options funcionality as well where the "number of rings before vm answers" is within the Xfinity Voice VM