Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New service - phone not ported correctly

Frequent Visitor

New service - phone not ported correctly

We received a new install today.  When you call our home number, it does not ring in the house, it goes to our Verizon voicemail (which send us email with the new message). When you call out from the house it shows our home number correctly.

I have attempted twice to get in touch with support via the phone. I called 1-800-comcast. However, after following the prompts to get to the phone service support, I hear hold music for a minute or two, and then nothing. I'm not actually disconnected, but I'm not connected to someone to talk to either.

thanks!

New Poster

Re: New service - phone not ported correctly

good luck - seems like QUITE A FEW  of us are having the same problem.  cannot get repairs till end of NEXT WEEK!

New Poster

Call support using your cell phone.  I couldn't use my Xfinity phone to call support either.  It was ported correctly but when it goes to transfer to a live person it does not work.  I have had more problems with their phone service.  In fact I just tried to call home and it went straight to voice mail.  I know no one is on the phone and even if my husband was on the phone there is call waiting. 

Frequent Visitor

phibcbee wrote:

Call support using your cell phone.  I couldn't use my Xfinity phone to call support either.  It was ported correctly but when it goes to transfer to a live person it does not work.  I have had more problems with their phone service.  In fact I just tried to call home and it went straight to voice mail.  I know no one is on the phone and even if my husband was on the phone there is call waiting. 

I was able to get through to support on my home phone this morning. The girl said i wasn't the first to tell her about problems reaching support last night.  They said it's a problem at the switch and they will fix it.  She gave a possible ETA of 24 hours, but said it could take 48-72 hours.