Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Service already having problems

New Poster

New Service already having problems

Had the Triple Play installed 4/16/07.  Before the tech left, I didn't have a dial tone.  He did something, then it worked, he called my # from his cell phone, but didn't speak to me, just said it was fine.  Since then, I've had several callers, they can't hear me, I hear them at first, then they drop off.  In addition, many people have phoned my cell to tell me they call the home #, it doesn't ring, it appears the phone line is "dead."  What do I do now?  If the phone isn't ringing here and callers hear dead silence, shouldn't the internet be off as well?  Please advise and let's get this fixed.  Thanks.
New Poster

Re: New Service already having problems

I've had similar problems since January 2007. Am ready to throw my phone and computer out the window. These guys obviously are not prepared to deal with VOIP, and now internet is getting worse too! C'mon Comcast use some of your billions of $$ to give us decent service!
Regular Contributor

Re: New Service already having problems

Hi woodin4641,

I took a look at your account and it looks like you have been having a number of intermittent problems that would require a technician at your home to take a look at your service. Given that this appears to be a chronic problem, I will see what I can do to get an experienced technician or supervisor to get things fixed.

I've sent you an email with a few questions. If you could reply, I'd be happy to take over the case and see what we can do in order to get this trouble resolved.

Thank-you very much for your patience and for your post.

123Monica: I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your service. Have you contacted us to report the issue? If you would prefer, I would be happy to assist you. Just shoot me an email.

Thanks for the post!

Geoff.