Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Modem

Regular Visitor

New Modem

I was reccently sent a new comcast modem the arris tg862g/ct  as a free upgrade to replace my ariss TM502G. I unboxed the new modem then set it up and the phone line refuses to work I event put the same cords in the same exact spot and none of the phonelines are working please help

Regular Visitor

Re: New Modem

I have also conneteced the phone directly to the modem and it does not work

Silver Problem Solver

Like the pamphlet that came with the self install kit says, you need to call activations at 855OKBEGIN to activate the service, or go to http://www.comcast.com/activate.

New Poster

I had the same problem when i got a new modem. Spoke to 5 different people. Trouble ticket put in after 4 days no phone finally rang askef what problems.was told phone line needed to be activated.
New Poster

New modem (internet, phone or tv). You need to call to be activated. Sometimes you can do it through internet but most times that doesn't work. Always call!!!

New Poster

We got new modem, set it up, and have called 3times because phone and Internet are inconsistent. Phone is he worst- hasn't worked for more than about 5-10 minutes at a time. We have tech coming out but I am regretting switching to this modem!!
New Poster

I don't want to call them again. It took more than 3 hours to get the modem activated. 

I got hung up on countless times and was transfered to queues that disconnected after 20 minutes of holding. I finally got to someone in the US who was able to activate the modem. The outsourced CS is worthless.

I'm going to try UVerse voice or something I connect myself.

My next phone call will be to cancel Comcast voice.

Notice how Comcast has to keep changing it's name?  Lousy customer service must drive that.