Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Modem for triple bundle

New Poster

New Modem for triple bundle

Recently I got a Netgear CMD31T modem and would like to stop rental the current one from Comcast. But there is no phone port on the CMD31T, on web and the box it shows capable with comcast services. Can anyone help to answer and resolve this problem? Thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: New Modem for triple bundle

You would need an eMTA for telephone service. Some markets you can purchase one out right. Others you have to lease them from Comcast.
Connection Expert

The first thing you should do is to call in or go to your local CC service center (the better choice) and inquire / confirm as to whether or not customer owned eMTA's (modems with phone support) are allowed to be used on the local system. Some local franchises still do not allow it and require you to rent one from CC.

The personnel that work there seem to better know what the actual local franchise's policies really are than do support reps at the national 800 number.

If allowed, here is a very good current tech eMTA;

http://www.amazon.com/Arris-TM822G-Touchstone%C2%AE-Ultra-High-Telephony/dp/B00721TUNS

Be sure to purchase brand new out of the box modems only !!

Here is a phone number for activating customer owned eMTA's;

1-800-931-0790

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have a Netgear 3700 which has no phone plugs. Can I use my Comcast modem just for phone? It lacks the signal strength I need for internet.