Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Infinity Modem

New Poster

New Infinity Modem

Other than the fact that I no longer need a separate router, what are the advantages I should expect from the new model?

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: New Infinity Modem

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (inappropriate or disruptive). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Cable Expert

Re: New Infinity Modem

molokaidave wrote:

Other than the fact that I no longer need a separate router, what are the advantages I should expect from the new model?

Some have pretty decent routers (most just have ok routers), they are DOCSIS 3 devices which means they offer more speed and stability. The all-in-one devices are known as "gateways" and are a bit of a compromise over separate routers and modems. The key advantage is that you can just hook up a single device and not have to worry about home networking. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon