Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Comcast Voice

New Poster

New Comcast Voice

I was truly annoyed when I learned that I had to leave my Comcast phone and switch to Comcast voice or some other system. Since I didn't have the time to research other companyies, I made the switch and have regretted it ever since. Right now we are on week 2 of waiting to get a repair done. When my parents try to call me the phone rings on their end, but nothing happens at our house. Within the past two weeks my father has had to go to the emergency room and my mother tried to reach me. I now have to leave my cell phone plugged in just so I can be accessible to her. The three phone calls I made to report the problems were unsuccessful. I was told work orders were in the pipe line and the problem would be solved in about 48 hours.  Nothing changed and on the third phone call some guy named Mark from Manitoba, Canada ( Comcast person) told me he would contact me the following day with a status.  I never received a phone call and had to initiate phone complaint number 4. On Monday I have to be at home fro 8 am to 8 pm waiting for a repair person.  I asked if I could have a four hour window, but apparently that is not possible. When we set up the phone the customer service person (sounded like the Nanny...very nasal and annoying) also said I should get a new TV box so I could have On Demand.  It sounded good, but when it was installed the picture pixalated and local Bay Area stations wouldn't load up. Yet another phone call and a very nice tech tells me a subcontractor has to come and redo the wiring to the house because we aren't getting enough signal for On Demand to load up.  Why didn't the first tech know that? If anyone has ideas on another phone system, please send advice. 
Frustrated and Dissatisfied
Frequent Visitor

Re: New Comcast Voice

Hi Bianchiori,

I’m sorry you’ve had problems with your Comcast Digital Voice installation; even so, I’m happy to report that your installation problems have been resolved. If you have any other difficulties please feel free to contact us for assistance.

Thanks,

StevenS

Message Edited by StevenS on 07-11-2007 11:23 AM
New Poster

Thank you, Steve at Comcast

After posting my grievances with Comcast I received an unexpected call from Steve of Comcast in Denver, Colorado.  He had read my post and for the past few days has been working with me to resolve our problems. My mother had been unable to reach me by phone and that has been resolved, my son couldn't get his router to receive a signal and Steve walked him through that. For all my irritation with the problems I had, I must highly compliment Steve for his excellent customer service. If Steve's supervisor reads this (Steve's extension is 53508), please know that Steve is a great representative for your company. Hopefully the new line that has been installed at our home (I never saw the people, but Steve assures me it's been done), will allow us to have good reception and connectivity with On Demand. I just hope Comcast can work out the problems it is having so that the initial contacts customers have are not frustrating like mine was. I was amazed to receive his phone call and very appreciate of his efforts to resolve our problems.

Way to go Steve!!
Bianchiori

------------------------------------------
Administrator note:
Message merged to the original thread.

Message Edited by Michael on 07-12-2007 11:02 AM
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Thank you, Steve at Comcast

Seems this post could have been made as a follow-up to the OP's original "grievance post".

Perhaps someone can consolidate them, since Steve may concentrate on posts in the Comcast Phone Service forum.

(And nice work, Steve!)
Gold Problem Solver

Bartleby wrote:
Seems this post could have been made as a follow-up to the OP's original "grievance post".

Perhaps someone can consolidate them, since Steve may concentrate on posts in the Comcast Phone Service forum.

(And nice work, Steve!)

Agree!

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Despite this being designated a "User to User" forum board,  I have observed that there has always been MUCH MORE response and ultimate resolution to problems made by the Moderators of this forum.

I think it is in part, because everything here is in WRITING and sort of documented.  Whereas, if you call on the phone for technical help, it's too easy to be ignored or jerked around.

I wish Comcast would actually set up a customer assistance board in a forum format.

I have been extremely impressed by the willingness and ability of the moderators to read about a problem and then get involved to assist the customer.

The only time I have EVER had any sort of customer satisfaction from Comcast with a problem, has been when a Moderator from this board has taken the time to assist me.

THANK YOU MODERATORS for going above and beyond.....

Tim
Regular Contributor

pratzert,

Thank you for the compliment! I will forward your suggestion on.

We have made many venues available that customers can use to contact us with (phone, online chat, & email), these are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Also there are the user-to-user forums that are available for other customers to answer questions that you may have.

We do attempt to monitor forums to ensure that correct information is shared and that forum guidelines are followed. Sometimes, in the course of our moderating duties, we come across customers who have had prolonged issues and need a little extra assistance with getting them resolved. Keep in mind that a very small percentage of our customer base utilizes this forum; the very vast majority of customer issues are handled through our normal Customer Service channels. If you go to this site you can contact us.

Once again thank you for the compliment on behalf of all of the moderators.

Jim

Regular Contributor

JimWe,

You're welcome.

My wish is that all the other people from Comcast were as knowledgeable and helpful as all the Moderators are.

Point in case....  I was just on a live Chat about the HSI speed in my area so I could see what type of "upgrade" in speed
I could expect if I signed up the for Premier Triuple Play Bundle.

The Chat rep told me I could not get the Triple Play because I am a current Comcast customer.   I would have to CANCEL
all my Comcast services for 120 days in order to get the triple play discounts.

I left a post in the Cable TV board about it.   The Chat reference number is 759213 and the rep was "Meagan.8548".

It's this type of conflicting information which fans the flame of discontent with Comcast.

I know it's not your job to sell the products and services of Comcast.... but I think you do a MUCH better job at it
than the people who are getting paid to do it.

Regards,  Tim
Regular Contributor

Hi pratzert,

I reviewed your account and talked with a sale executive to verify some information regarding your area of the country.

I am also awaiting a copy of your chat so we may review this discussion and the Customer Account Executive can be counseled if necessary.

Our bundles and pricing vary throughout the country so I am not going to state prices and packages here. If you like, you can contact your local sales group at 1-800-COMCAST (266-2278), or, I can have another sales agent contact you directly to provide more information. Just email me and let me know.

As far as I can tell, you should be eligible for the Triple Play package, and your area can support the 8 MB download speed.

I am sorry for the confusion,

Jim

Regular Contributor

JimWe,

Thank you for the response and especially for the personal telecon.

I find myself thankful for you and the other moderators once again.

To let the rest of you know..... JimWe has actually been in personal contact with me after he had done some in depth investigation about the mis-information I have been given by various sales reps.

He called and assured me that I was, in fact, eligible to subscribe to the Premier Triple Play Bundle from Comcast.

He has also taken steps to try to make sure that some of the differing info given out is more standardized and accurate.

Between the Moderators, JimWe & Michael, I have been set on the straight and narrow path to Comcast Bliss.

My obstacle now, is trying to get in touch with the one Sales Rep who had accurate information and seemed more than willing to hook me up with the Premier Bundle.  His name was "Keith". at extension #7271.

He is appartently off from work on Sundays and Mondays, so I am going to try once again to get in touch with him to get the process started.

I hope that Comcast makes it worth my while for all the difficulty I've had in trying to get information and sign up.

I thank the Moderators once again !

Tim

Regular Contributor

JimWe,

I did email you a copy of the Chat Transcript.   Did you receive it OK ?

I have talked to "Keith"  who I thought was in sales, but he said he was level one support, whatever that is....

Anyway, he has given me info on pricing which conflicts with info from other sales reps.

eMTA modem rental....  is it $3.00/month  or  $5.00/month.

Man..... I'm gunna get this sooner or later......  but the way it's going.... it looks more and more like later.

Tim

Regular Contributor

JimWe wrote:

Hi pratzert,

I reviewed your account and talked with a sale executive to verify some information regarding your area of the country.

I am also awaiting a copy of your chat so we may review this discussion and the Customer Account Executive can be counseled if necessary.

Our bundles and pricing vary throughout the country so I am not going to state prices and packages here. If you like, you can contact your local sales group at 1-800-COMCAST (266-2278), or, I can have another sales agent contact you directly to provide more information. Just email me and let me know.

As far as I can tell, you should be eligible for the Triple Play package, and your area can support the 8 MB download speed.

I am sorry for the confusion,

Jim

JimWe:

Regarding whether or not current Comcast customers are eligible for the Triple Play promotions, I just posted a few minutes ago about waiting for my installation -- I've been with Comcast since they started in business as "Comcast". Actually Comcast purchased my previous cable provider. The only information that customers have presently regarding promotions and upgrades is on the Comcast.com site, and it is often way behind in current offerings -- or flatly incorrect.

I had checked there several times looking to upgrade my service.  Once logged into my account I am presented with a button that is labeled, "Welcome Back!  Find services in your area:"  However following that link brings me to the Bundles page, where each bundle is prefaced with "This package is designed for new customers, and includes: ". It then goes on to describe the promotion. But you can see that it appears that all of the promotions are only for new customers -- as is often the case with most subscription services.  (Like you mobile phone povider!). When you see that you wonder why you were directed there in the first place!

The last time, however, I called and asked just what I could get - and discovered that the Triple Play bundles are indeed for new and current customers alike.  But it is confusing. Up until about two years ago I used to receive calls maybe every three months offering an upgrade special to, say, add a premium channel or a package of premiums. That practice seems to have been ababdoned lately, and there have been no promotions at all for current customers.  (BTW, when CDV was first offered here, I had to call the company and tell them to stop the telemarketing company in Michigan from calling me, as I was receiving 15 to 20 calls per day urging me to switch to CDV -- apparently they had a boiler room full of callers all working the same lists!)

Jim
Regular Contributor

J-Mac Wrote:  Regarding whether or not current Comcast customers are eligible for the Triple Play promotions, I just posted a few minutes ago about waiting for my installation -- I've been with Comcast since they started in business as "Comcast". Actually Comcast purchased my previous cable provider. The only information that customers have presently regarding promotions and upgrades is on the Comcast.com site, and it is often way behind in current offerings -- or flatly incorrect.

I had checked there several times looking to upgrade my service.  Once logged into my account I am presented with a button that is labeled, "Welcome Back!  Find services in your area:"  However following that link brings me to the Bundles page, where each bundle is prefaced with "This package is designed for new customers, and includes: ". It then goes on to describe the promotion. But you can see that it appears that all of the promotions are only for new customers -- as is often the case with most subscription services.  (Like you mobile phone povider!). When you see that you wonder why you were directed there in the first place!

The last time, however, I called and asked just what I could get - and discovered that the Triple Play bundles are indeed for new and current customers alike.  But it is confusing. Up until about two years ago I used to receive calls maybe every three months offering an upgrade special to, say, add a premium channel or a package of premiums. That practice seems to have been ababdoned lately, and there have been no promotions at all for current customers.  (BTW, when CDV was first offered here, I had to call the company and tell them to stop the telemarketing company in Michigan from calling me, as I was receiving 15 to 20 calls per day urging me to switch to CDV -- apparently they had a boiler room full of callers all working the same lists!)

Jim

Jim,

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about as far as the info on-line on the web site.  When I put in my address to see what services are offered, it does not even show the "Preferred" Triple Play Bundle nor the "Premium" Bundle.  It does not indicate the different speed tiers for the HSI either.

Just think how many more services Comcast could sell if they actually let people know what was available !

It doesn't stop there.......  just TRY.... to get accurate info from the 1-800-Comcast line about what is available.   I went through ( or should I say, AM, going through the same thing now.)

Every time I call to order the Premier Triple Play Bundle, I am given different information.

1.) I am not eligible for the Triple Play because I am an existing customer.
2.) The modem rental is $3/month one time, and then $5/month another time.
3.) There is no such thing as the Preferred Bundle.
4.) There is no such thing as the Premium Bundle.
5.) The Sports tier "IS" included in the Premium Bundle.
6.) The Sports tier is "NOT" included in the Premium Bundle.
7.) I'm not sure what is included and what is not included.

I can go on making a larger list.... but you get my point.

Geez.... if you don't know what you're selling, how can you sell it !?

They ONLY saving grace, has been when the Moderators step in and assist me with my questions..... apparently they know a LOT more than the sales people... or at least try to find out if they don't know right away.

I have been trying to get info about, and order, the Premier Triple Play Bundle for a month..... and it's been one brick wall after another.

I'm currently working on the Modem rental fee conflicting info.  Is it $3 or $5 per month ?  Put on a blind-fold and throw a dart at a board.

Your guess is as good as anyones'.

Tim

Regular Contributor

pratzert
I got to the bottom of the eMTA charge question for you. To do this I needed to look back at some your other postings.
The reason you are getting quoted 2 different prices is the following;
The eMTA rental fee IS $3.00 per month at this time, from what I have been able to find out this is country wide.
The $5.00 you are sometimes being quoted is for a router rental if you do home networking.

Thank you both for posting
Jim
Regular Contributor

JimWe,

What can I say but.... THANK YOU.... for taking an interest and finding the answers to the riddles.

Regards,  Tim