Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Comcast Digital voice service

New Poster

New Comcast Digital voice service

I've had the service,. or should I say that ATT has been disconnected, for 30 days.  Have had several techs out, with the allegations that the initial install was done incorrectly.  Here's the issue - when I call out, or when I recieve calls, I can hear the person speaking but they can not hear me.  And this isn't a constant scenario, they are able to hear my voice come and go.  They report no static, just complete silence when my voice goes out.  Yet another tech is coming out this weekend, is there anything that I should tell them to check?  Please Comcast moderator, do not apologize or empathize with my digitial voice service - I'd just like to have dependable phone service.
Contributor

Re: New Comcast Digital voice service

There is an incompatible phone list on comcast.com that you may want to check:

The following list of equipment is known to have a high probability of errors with Comcast Digital Voice® service:

Telephones

• Southwestern Bell GH4102

Telephone/Caller ID Units

• AT&T 5830
  • GE 21018GE3
  • GE 21028GE3 (w/answering machine)
  • Memorex MPH3388
  • Motorola MD700 Series
    • Motorola MD751
    • Motorola MD761 (w/answering machine)
    • MD70
  • Uniden DXAI5188-2 (w/answering machine)
    • CIDCW (caller id with call waiting) functions properly - user may hear additional tones and signals after the call waiting indicator tone - this is normal for some Uniden phones
  • Uniden EXI5160
    • CIDCW (caller id with call waiting) functions properly - user may hear additional tones and signals after the call waiting indicator tone - this is normal for some Uniden phones
  • Uniden DXI 386-2

*Disclaimer: There may be other equipment brands or models that are incompatible with the Comcast Digital Voice service.

I know from experience that pretty much all of the Uniden phones do not work with Comcast Digital Voice service...

Regular Contributor

Re: New Comcast Digital voice service

Hi jak1999,

I’ve looked at your account and checked your signal levels, and everything appears to be very normal; but it still sounds like that you have a CDV problem. I realize that you’re scheduled for a service technician this week, but let me take a closer look at a couple of other possibilities, and see what I can find out. Please keep an eye out for a phone call or an email from me.

Richard