Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need to Turn OFF Comcast Phone Voicemail

New Poster

Need to Turn OFF Comcast Phone Voicemail

I need to turn off my voicmail.  I am using the comcast phone only for fax.

New Poster

Re: Need to Turn OFF Comcast Phone Voicemail

wish I knew the answer to this.  waiting for feedback.

Gold Problem Solver

You need to contact them to do this. Use the call or chat options on http://customer.comcast.com/contact-us

Regular Visitor

Best answer!  Thank you for the link.  Only took 8 hours looking for a resolution.  Went to Comcast chat and had Comcast Voicemail discontinued in a few minutes.

New Poster

so, we can NOT turn the voicemail off when we choose ON OUR OWN?  Like if I am going to be out of town for awhile and don't want to deal with a bunch of messages on return.  I am surprised there is no way we can just click a button to turn it off or on ourselves.  I did try the wonderful chat option, but after about half an hour of waiting for the chat person, I finally gave up.  Typical of the response I get from Comcast about most things, including calling them, wait, wait, wait and then get someone who cannot understand English and barely able to speak it.  Those calls go like this: repeat, repeat, repeat.....lol

New Poster

Correct, you can waste hours at the Comcast web site trying to get a simple answer to a simple question.  I just got off chat, where I found you need to either call them or use chat to either do an initial activation of voicemail, or to deactivate it.  Nuts.

We have been deluged with robocalls for a couple days, so I've had to chat with Comcast.  I had great success getting through very quickly by going to them at off-hours, i.e. 6 AM and 11 PM.  when I tried at 4 PM, it took nearly 40 minutes to get a rep, and she turned out to be worthless.