Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need some help - granting secondary user SmartZone voicemail access not working!?!?

Frequent Visitor

Need some help - granting secondary user SmartZone voicemail access not working!?!?

Hello!  First, great forums!!! The information here has helped me work through so many issues with my recent upgrade to HD, DVR, and Digital Voice (long-time customer before this too).  My installer was a subcontractor to Comcast, and was more concerned with how quickly he could "hit-and-run" my rainy Saturday install over spending any real time explaining how our new equipment worked and the way to properly set it all up...  So, even after scouring the FAQs and tuturials and several phone calls with Comcast Customer Service, I still have several problems with no resolutions.

My problem with Digital Voice is that even though I grant secondary users access to voicemail in My Account per this tutorial, secondary account users still cannot access voicemail in SmartZone.  For my family's needs, it is a must to have internet access to voicemail for everyone, but it cannot be by everyone using the primary account.  Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

TIA!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Need some help - granting secondary user SmartZone voicemail access not working!?!?

Comcast CS phone support is stumped (forget the outsourced chat - YIKES, that was a bad choice to try that first)... Solved my other issues quickly today, but this one is still out there...  If anyone here has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Aside, I gotta say the clarity with Digital Voice is superb and blows my older Verizon away, even though I had a clean run when I built the house.

Message Edited by geotex1 on 12-30-2009 12:49 PM
Official Employee

Re: Need some help - granting secondary user SmartZone voicemail access not working!?!?

Hello geotex1,

Thanks for the feedback.  We made a small correction to your account and secondary access to voice should be working now.  Please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  I've granted a secondary account priviledge from the primary, but the secondary still can't see the VM.

Can you work your account tweak for me too?

Thanks.

--david

Official Employee

Hello dxclancy,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.  We have made the "tweak".  Please try it again and let us know.

Thanks,

aorapal

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon