Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Name displayed on Caller ID

New Poster

Name displayed on Caller ID

Can I change the way our name is displayed on Caller ID? People we call get the name associoated with our Comcast account.

Cable Expert

Re: Name displayed on Caller ID

Yes, you can get the name on the CID changed, please call Comcast support to make this change.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

I think the your name displayed on caller id has to match what is on your billing statement and the first name can have a initials but the last name has to be full. For example James Smith can be changed to J. Smith.

This was awhile ago. You will have to call 1-800 comcast or 1-800 xfinity about this to be sure.

Contributor

Why do we have to contact support for this? This should be a standard feature for incomming calls so we can tell who it is. I have people I know who call me on their cell phones, and all I get is "cell phone, CA". If I don't have the tv on and not near the phone to see the number, I don't know who it is. It would make it convenient for us not to have to drop whatever we are doing and go look at the phone display to see who is calling.