Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NO SERVICE

Frequent Visitor

NO SERVICE

I have been trying for a week to get service transferred to my new address.  Cable was connected last Friday.  Tech could not connect internet or phones.  Scheduled an appointment for Tuesday and a tech never showed up.  Another appointment was scheduled today between 8 and noon and still NO COMCAST.  I have spent hours on my cell trying to resolve this.  I work from home and need these services.  I need to get to someone with some authority who can make things happen.  Please advise and thanks in advance! 

Message Edited by chriscasmirri on 05-18-200702:40 PM

Most Valued Poster

Re: NO SERVICE

Posting your email address in a public forum is an invitation to spam.  You should choose Options, Edit Message, and remove your email address.

This is a primarily a user-to-user forum, so most of us can't help you.  If one of the moderators can help, they can look up your email address from your forum username, so there's no need to post it publicly.

Hope you get it sorted out, in any event!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response.  I am not sure how to edit my post to exclude my email address.  Please advise and thanks again.  I am on hold with Comcast again.  Not they tell me they have no order for me. This was supposed to be a simple transfer.  I only moved 2 door away.  What a nightmare.  I am choking back tears.  Any help would be appreciated.
Most Valued Poster

chriscasmirri wrote:
 I am not sure how to edit my post to exclude my email address.

On the upper right corner of your original post, click Options, and choose Edit Message.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much.  I changed the post. 
Regular Contributor

Hi there,

I'm currently working on fixing this problem and hope to have a resolution soon. Please check your email for a message from me.

As a reminder for everyone else, the fastest way to obtain assistance is to contact us via chat or telephone. However, if you prefer, you can contact a moderator via email.

Thanks!

Richard

Frequent Visitor

I just spoke with John from Comcast - another hour on the phone.  He is a supervisor and I think in the Sales Dept.  His number is <removed>.  He informed me that my original phone nyumbers (there are 2) need to be re-assigned to me.  He is working on getting my numbers back.  Some disconnected them, instead of transferring them.

At this time I am able to receive emails because I am tapped into someones unsecured wireless connection.  I am not comfotable with this but I am desperate.  Thanks for your help in this matter.  Thanks so much for helping me and please keep me informed.  A simple transfer has turned into a nightmare.

------------------------------------------
Administrator note:
Contact phone number removed to prevent mis-routed calls

Message Edited by Michael on 05-19-2007 04:29 PM

Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to follow up on chriscasmirri’s “no service” post and let everyone know that we sorted out the problem.

Chriscasmirri had recently been scheduled to transfer her Comcast services to a new address, which unfortunately, appears to have not been set up correctly.

This necessitated contacting our local Comcast office, rebuilding her account, and sending out our technicians to complete her installation. Fortunately, we now have her up and running with all her Comcast services.

Please bear in mind that the great majority of our subscribers have zero issues with our Comcast Digital Voice installation; however, there are these rare occasions when something unusual occurs.

This is one of those situations that has required a bit of trial-and-error to resolve. Thank you so much for bearing with us while we have worked to correct this issue.

Richard

Frequent Visitor

Yes, everything is up and running.  A tech by the name of John was at my home for 3 hours until 11 p.m. Robin, a supervisor in Collier County was here at 7:30 a.m. with a trainee, Paul and she made sure everything was perfect before she left after 2.5 hours. I believe she went above and beyond her duties to accommodate me.  John  at the Help Desk has been calling me on a regular basis, also.  I know he was instrumental in getting me up and running.  He is a very dedicated employee and should be praised for being persistence and following through.  Thanks to all of you for helping me. 

I have been with Comcast for many years and I still believe it is the best service for the money.  This was the first time I had trouble.  I am sure you are doing your best to correct the problems.  Thanks again for everything!