Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NO PHONE SERVICE FROM COMCAST YET

New Poster

NO PHONE SERVICE FROM COMCAST YET

It seems to me that when you pay for a service you should have great support. Not the case with Comcast, now called XFINITY VOICE SERVICE. 

Unfortunately, XFINITY VOICE SERVICE has dropped the literal ball. Not only do I not have phone service (ordered more than once, by the way over the past several months), but no dial tone, no clear speaking Customer Service Associate/Representative at XFINITY, and no one calling me back to ask if my service is up to par - am I satisfied with what this company has been able to provide me.

My answer would be NOT IT IS NOT , AND I AM NOT!!!!!

I am so tired of calling Comcast to ask them to turn on my phone service that I have just given them direction not to bill me until I actually have phone service. They have agreed (who really knows until you see the bill, right?). I don't want to constantly pay for a service that is unreachable via a simple phone call.

In closing, I don't want to have this service at all but it seems to be the only game in town (besides A T & T) - or better stated, the only company that works in my area. If A T & T worked in my area, I would sign up with them in a NEW YORK minute.

Peace***

Silver Problem Solver

Re: NO PHONE SERVICE FROM COMCAST YET

Smiley Happy To see if Comcast cares you can get them on twitter:

https://twitter.com/comcastcares

Or you could private message Comcastcares on here, watch the tiny envelope at the top of the page for a reply:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/5923851

Good Luck!

New Poster

Like  you, we had a very difficult time getting our phone service activated with Comcast--a 4 month ordeal, in fact.    Ultimately, what we learned is that there is NO coordination between Comcast departments, and no follow through unless the customer stays on the issue.

Our issue was that we wanted to keep the phone number we previously had with AT & T.  The initial agent, and the second agent totally dropped the ball on the "porting request" required to get the phone number released by AT & T and sent to Comcast.   Somebody at Comcast entered the beginning of the request, but didn't make sure the third party verification was correct, so it was stuck in limbo--AT & T didn't have it, and Comcast could change it or make another request.    Very difficult to get this resolved, but ultimately, someone in Billing figured it out.  (Go figure....somehow billing is tied with technical support.)  

Once that was done, there was another step that had to be done physically.  If the phone has been with another carrier, a technician will need to come out and make a physical switch to disconnect from AT &T and connect to Comcast. What we found is that there is noting in their system to prompt this automatically.  The customer will have to call....and call....and call to get this done.

Sad to say, but we only got resolution after MANY emails to the senior VP of Customer Care, Mr. Thomas C....something.    

Keep at it.  And make sure you request a credit for your trouble.....and don't accept the first thing they offer thinking that you can appeal further.  They accept that as your final satisfaction, even if it isn't.  

The sad thing is that you can only get the best pricing from Comcast if you take their triple-play.  If not for that, I would have ditched the whole process.

Hang in there and stay persistent.

Good Luck!

New Poster

I so totally agree. Xfinity sucks. I was charged to alledgely set up the phone even though I have been paying for triple play for years.  It has been two + months and it still doesn't work. I was also talked into the "blast" speed for the internet but when it wasn't any faster I tried calling.  After trying 3 times and getting a foreigner with an accent so thick that I had no idea what any of them were saying, I put my daugters boyfriend on the line and he kept insisting on someone who spoke Engish.  He was very courteous when he asked but it took MANY attempts of asking and a long hold on wait to get an English speaking tech.  After a long conversation guess what, the speed only works on SOME Apple products, iPhones and galaxy. my laptop is less than 6 months old but since it is Windows the "BLAST SUPERFAST SPEED" doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!! $12.00 more a month for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Expert

Dbydesign101 wrote:

It seems to me that when you pay for a service you should have great support. Not the case with Comcast, now called XFINITY VOICE SERVICE. 

Unfortunately, XFINITY VOICE SERVICE has dropped the literal ball. Not only do I not have phone service (ordered more than once, by the way over the past several months), but no dial tone, no clear speaking Customer Service Associate/Representative at XFINITY, and no one calling me back to ask if my service is up to par - am I satisfied with what this company has been able to provide me.

My answer would be NOT IT IS NOT , AND I AM NOT!!!!!

I am so tired of calling Comcast to ask them to turn on my phone service that I have just given them direction not to bill me until I actually have phone service. They have agreed (who really knows until you see the bill, right?). I don't want to constantly pay for a service that is unreachable via a simple phone call.

In closing, I don't want to have this service at all but it seems to be the only game in town (besides A T & T) - or better stated, the only company that works in my area. If A T & T worked in my area, I would sign up with them in a NEW YORK minute.

Peace***

DbyDesign101,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast support team available in these forums.  Please check back here or look in your PMs (Private Messages) for a repsonse from them soon.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon