Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NO Caller ID show on TV when I get a call

New Poster

NO Caller ID show on TV when I get a call

I have called Xfinify 3 times to report this. I have NO caller ID on my TV when I receive a call.  They keep telling me it is fixed only to find out it is NOT fixed.  I am so tried of trying to find someone who really does know how to fix this.  I asked them to send a Tech to my home.  They said a Tech can not fix it.  It has to be fixed on their end.  This has been NOTHING but a problem every time I have called. This is the worst service!

Problem Solver

Re: NO Caller ID show on TV when I get a call

Seems to be a widespread problem with many on other similiar thread topic.

Hope it gets resolved quick.

New Poster

called no caller id on tv

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

the above has not been fixed the HDDVR box goes out all the time 

New Poster

I used to get an alert on incoming calls but after installing new modem/wifi if doesn't work anumore. Is there a setting on cable box for this?

Regular Contributor

Yes for X1 boxes. Go through settings scroll down to caller id and turn it on. You also have to have comcast activate your caller id if they havent done so.

New Poster

I don't get caller ID on my TV when my home phone rings either. Is this a software problem tha Comcast needs to fix?

Regular Visitor

HI MY NAME IS BILLWE MOVED FROM BROWARD TO WPB AND THE COMCASTSERVICE IIIIIBY FAR A SIN.SINCE SPET 2013 NO ID ON TV.

IF YOU HAVE AN LUCKPLEASE LET ME KNOW.ALSO I'M GOING TO CALL THEM TOMORROW AND ASK FOR MONEY BACK IT'S LIKE $7.00 A MONTH FOR THE SERVICE.

Regular Visitor

Suzannesh wrote:

I have called Xfinify 3 times to report this. I have NO caller ID on my TV when I receive a call.  They keep telling me it is fixed only to find out it is NOT fixed.  I am so tried of trying to find someone who really does know how to fix this.  I asked them to send a Tech to my home.  They said a Tech can not fix it.  It has to be fixed on their end.  This has been NOTHING but a problem every time I have called. This is the worst service!

Most Valued Poster

How about this one, I get random calls that show up on my computer, But my phone doesn't ring. Apparently some one else's calls are showing up on my universal caller id.  I am afraid to call repair, because I just barely got some issues resolved, with my phones not working at all, they would fix one thing and something else would malfunction.  LIke calls going directly to voice mail, not even riniging to my phone, caller id not working or message waiting indicator,(stuttered dial tone). People getting a disconnected recording when they called my number.  Okay Comcast any ideas why my universal caller id not working properly on my pc or my cable box?

New Poster

I have the same problem..... Is there anything that we can do? 

Regular Visitor

WE ALL SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

THIS IS SOMETHING COMCAST INCLUDES IN CHARRRRRGES FOR PHONEALSO ALWAYS GET THIS SITE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED.OVER,OVER

Suzannesh wrote:

Suzannesh wrote:

Most Valued Poster

bscotti229 wrote:

WE ALL SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

THIS IS SOMETHING COMCAST INCLUDES IN CHARRRRRGES FOR PHONEALSO ALWAYS GET THIS SITE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED.OVER,OVER

Suzannesh wrote:

Suzannesh wrote:

Has it worked before and it stopped? Also (I am sure you have done this already) Did you go  in the menu  under interactive and go to notifications  then make sure callerd id is set to on.  My has  started working again, I am sure comcast had nothing to do with ith it(LOL).  When they said a tech can't fix it you should have said neither can you.  Good luck! 

Contributor

Mine also USED TO work, but now does NOT.  I think it also stopped working when I had a new modem installed.

When I call Comcast, they said it shows as active on their side.  They asked me to power cycle the cable box like that solves everything.  It does not.  It still DOES NOT WORK.

It is active and set to "on" on both of my cable boxes, yet it does not work on either one.  Comcast is pretty clueless.

Frequent Visitor

Past week now....8/25/14 to present 9/3 2014.... My Xfinity Voice Cller ID on the Television sets, has stopped displaying

who is calling or the number etc. 

I reset the boxes...I went on the support and Comcast say's...This feature not available. 

We had it for years since it was instituted and put into operation.

Then I found another Comcast  notice ( I no not where; because it was in the circles of an abyss and whirl around that only an server could track it) and the notice said,"Sorry, we are working on these features.

Then another side track message(" All features may not be available in your area!")...... 

Actually the rest of the voice features have not been working for months. My Calls Placed list  / calls answered / calls missed, are hit and miss, and usually do not load from the server. then a message appears," Sorry, Our Mechaics are working and your request cannot be accessed now! (Check back later to complete your request) 

I do get TV signal, and I do get internet service as long as it is not raining, and then It Drops Out Frequently. I guess that;s normal?? ..... I'm glad I didn't get the Home Security System. I couldn't trust a security system that a company cannot even give an answer why my TV doesn't show caller ID. 

I don't know if we even pay extra for Caller ID?? 

Regular Visitor

If anyone figures out why the caller id on the TV all of a sudden doesn't work .....PLEASE let me know....

Most Valued Poster

beachangel5512 wrote:

If anyone figures out why the caller id on the TV all of a sudden doesn't work .....PLEASE let me know....

First thing to check  on the main on screen menu on your comcast box  find" interactive" click on that it will take a few seconds to load  then locate "notifications" click on that  a screen will come up make sure the caller id icon is set to on. If it's set to on and still doesn't work when some one calls, then you are at the mercy of Comcast. Good luck!! It will  get fixed eventually.  Many times issues are fixed when you are on hold. I am happy if it works fifty percent of the time.

Frequent Visitor

I will let you and everyone know if I find a way or it comes back.

Right now I spent over an hour checking and setting the feature up as per the Xfinity services Help [ Manage Caller ID on TV Settings

I did get a Notice on the TV in the Dining Room....and It was brief and went away quickly. It Gave a Code N-???? I couldn't see it long enough to write it down so I could research it.... But it did say, "Feature Not Available" like ?????? All of a sudden???? 

Frequent Visitor

All of a sudden....today at 2:00 PM ...the phone rang...and

and...and...There it was. The caller ID on my TV Just like it did previously. 

I am so glad it fixed itself...that I call my home phone from the three cell phones we have; just to see that it works.