Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NEED call waiting permanently disabled!!!!!!!!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5
I spent almost all day yesterday on the phone with various agents trying to disconnect my call waiting feature permanently. I was Lied to several times and told it was complete. Then My internet went out and I was ready to scream. So this morning tech comes out and fixes my internet and telephone is back working and tells me call waiting is permanently disabled which I need for my job. I thought I better try it this afternoon and guess what IT IS STILL ENABLED!! So I call tech support again and am told that it will take 24-48 hours which I call yesterday to begin with!!! I am furious!!! I want this resolved. When I purchased the phone service I was told it didn't come with call waiting. So I was lied to from the get go. If you look in the forums there are tons of people with this same issue. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!! It is awful to have to beg but I am begging Please could you find a competent person to help me!
Thanks!
4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5

LeaD23,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 5

Hi Lead23, I am showing that a tier 3 agent reached out to you regarding this issue and per notes looks to have resolved. Are you still needing assistance?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 5

Had the same issue, had my call waiting disable long time ago due to work and here it mysteriously jumps back on. Spoke witha customer service Rep who stated it was disable and she will escalate to a higher team and someone wll return a call within 24 hours. I told them not acceptable, if not fix today I will lose my job and if I lose my job xfinity will lose me. Rep connected me with a higher Rep....

Higher rep explained the line shows call waiting disable but the device still show active. The higher level rep had to manual disable the call waiting from the device. Problem Solve! all within 5 mins of talking with higher level Rep 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

Hi BMW19, I would be more than happy to assist you with this call waiting issue, but after reading your post, it sounds like you were able to get through to a technician who was able to turn of call waiting through your device. Please let me know if you need any other support. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.