Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My phone rings only once then stops

New Poster

My phone rings only once then stops

Every day for a couple weeks now, my home phone will ring - just one ring - then stop. It doesn't even register on Caller ID who the caller is, but this happens every single day, and a couple times a day some days. Any idea what this is? I have blocked a couple numbers from calling our home number and thought perhaps this is what happens when a blocked caller calls? 

Service Expert

Re: My phone rings only once then stops

@sideliner02 wrote:

Every day for a couple weeks now, my home phone will ring - just one ring - then stop. It doesn't even register on Caller ID who the caller is, but this happens every single day, and a couple times a day some days. Any idea what this is? I have blocked a couple numbers from calling our home number and thought perhaps this is what happens when a blocked caller calls? 

Did you setup and enable the NoMoRobo call blocking service?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: My phone rings only once then stops

Same thing is happening to our system. We have to take the batteries out of the phones. 

I don’t think it is a robo call. It will not ring more than a single ring and sometimes only a partial ring. It sometimes also makes our pri ter start beeping. 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation