Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

My old phone service doesn't seem to be terminated

New Poster

My old phone service doesn't seem to be terminated

My new Comcast phone works, with my old number, but no incoming calls, they continue to go thru Centurylink.  How do I make sure the Centurylink is disconnected?  I don't want to pay for the same service twice

Service Expert

Re: My old phone service doesn't seem to be termin

gmwhit2618 wrote:

My new Comcast phone works, with my old number, but no incoming calls, they continue to go thru Centurylink.  How do I make sure the Centurylink is disconnected?  I don't want to pay for the same service twice

CenturyLink should have stopped service once the phone number was ported to Comcast and your new service.   How sure are you that your old number is working through Comcast?  Did you or the Tech disconnect the outside DMARC from your old service?  It could still be active if still connected...

Contact Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 about your incoming calls not coming into your service since the alleged porting was done.  You will need to contact CenturyLink about the cancellation issue after contacting Comcast ( ensuring that the porting was completed first).

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for that.  If the phone dials out on the Comcast line, I assume the portage worked, do you have to disconnect something out side if you are not back feeding?  When I call from the Comcast line, it does show on caller ID that it is coming from my home phone number

Service Expert

gmwhit2618 wrote:

Thanks for that.  If the phone dials out on the Comcast line, I assume the portage worked, do you have to disconnect something out side if you are not back feeding?  When I call from the Comcast line, it does show on caller ID that it is coming from my home phone number

One would assume so, but calling is a 2-way street....   Suggest you call into Comcast and speak with a CSR so that they can begin troubleshooting on all levels of your VOIP service, including the modem/gateway....    Calling into Comcast is much better than trying to do this within online chat.... trust me.... I just had a 30 minute chat and it was very painful!!!

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I did find out, after the phone has been put on Comcast, it takes 48 to 72 hours for the old service to go away and the complete service starts on the Comcast