Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

My caller ID is coming up "California"

Frequent Visitor

My caller ID is coming up "California"

When I call other people's home phone my caller ID name is reading "California" on their end.  I was wondering why my Dad did not answer when I called his home phone but he would answer my call on his cell phone.  Then I figured out the caller ID he saw on his home phone was reading "California" when I called him.  He figured it was telemarketing call and did not answer.  Of course the cell phone broadcast correctly because it shows the contact name matching the phone number.

I've had the Xfinity phone service for some time now & never had this problem.  I did recently move within the last month or two but the phone number remained the same.  How do I go about correcting this?  I would like to make sure my caller ID is being broadcast accurately with my name and not "California".

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: My caller ID is coming up "California"

Hello,

Call 1-800 comcast.

New Poster

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem?  I am having the same exact issue!  I just called comcast and they are working on it but I wonder if you had success or not.  Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Sorry for the late, late reply but yes the problem was fixed.  I had to call comcast, it took a few days but it seemed to have cleared up.