Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

My Voice Mail Account Questions

Regular Contributor

My Voice Mail Account Questions

Hello. I posted the following in the VoiceMail forum.  I didn't get any responses, so I thought I would try here. I apologize for the double posting. 

I've been a Comcast HSI and TV customer for some time now.  So I decided to go with their digital phone service also.  It was installed this passed Tuesday.  Voice Mail service was set up the next day.I

I have some questions.

When I go to Comcast.net, and log in, I click on the E-Mail button at the top left of the page. There is also a Voice button, and a digital TV button.  When I click on the E-mail button, it takes me to the SmartZone page.  On the page there is My Email Accounts and My Voice Mail Accounts headings. Under e-mail accounts, it lists the number new and unread e-mails. Under my voice mail accounsts, it shows Not A Digital Voice Customer?  Learn more.......

The only way I can get to the My Voice Mail Accounts, is by clicking on the Voice button on the Comcast.net page, and log in with my phone number.   The Comcast customer service rep said I have to wait 72 hours before I can log in through the SmartZone page.  Is this true?  Do I have to wait 72 hours before everything is working like it should, or am I getting a run around.  I've always had a very good experience with Comcast support, but I just want to make sure.

Next question.   All the times listed in the Dialed, and Recieived calls, are listed in GMT time zone.  How can I change that to Pacific time zone?  

Email Expert

Re: My Voice Mail Account Questions

SmartZone is very new, so most of us don't have much experience with it, and we don't know what's normal and to be expected.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Barmar wrote:
SmartZone is very new, so most of us don't have much experience with it, and we don't know what's normal and to be expected.

I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens.  Hopefully Comcast will straighten things out.

Bronze Problem Solver

Good Morning Golfjunky,

I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this for you. Please let me know if you experience any other troubles.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Regular Contributor

Thank you ComcastGeorge.
Regular Contributor

Problem solved.  I am now able to get to my Voice Mail after logging into SmartZone.

One more question if I may.  After logging into SmartZone, I click on the Voice Tab near the top of the page. On the left side there is my phone number with the list of folders below it, Voice Mail, Trash, Missed Calls, etc. On the right side the calls are listed from each folder with the date, duration, etc.  How do I delete the those calls from that list?  I tried right clicking on the numbers, but only option is to "Add To Contacts".

Bronze Problem Solver

Golfjunky - Currently you are unable to edit these lists.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Regular Contributor

ComcastGeorge wrote:

Golfjunky - Currently you are unable to edit these lists.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

No apology necessary.  Thanks ComcastGeorge