New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Modem replacement and battery, personal router

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Modem replacement and battery, personal router

We had a tech come out because we were having problems. He did some cable work, replaced our main TV outlet digital converter and then found that we needed a new modem. At the time, we had an older version modem ( black, horizontal shape) and I had my own router. So he replaced old modem and my router with the new modem.

Question 1.) I forget if I asked if I was suppose to get a batttery with this modem, but I did not.    

Should I have received one? Maybe I asked and there was a charge or he said I really did not need one, I cannot really remember details and forgot about the modem not having a battery until recently, when I checked it. 

Question 2.) Why did I originally have to pay for my own router and I was paying for data modem rental all along the for the same price I am paying now when the new modem does the work of both? I hope you follow that question.

Remark/ Now that I think about it, I feel that I should have been supplied with a battery free of charge! As much as Comcast charges for modem rental every month and before all this I had supplied the router. Our bill just keeps on getting higher and higher and think that's the least they could do. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Modem replacement and battery, personal router

darlee0 wrote:

We had a tech come out because we were having problems. He did some cable work, replaced our main TV outlet digital converter and then found that we needed a new modem. At the time, we had an older version modem ( black, horizontal shape) and I had my own router. So he replaced old modem and my router with the new modem.

Question 1.) I forget if I asked if I was suppose to get a batttery with this modem, but I did not.    Should I have received one? Maybe I asked and there was a charge or he said I really did not need one, I cannot really remember details and forgot about the modem not having a battery until recently, when I checked it. 

Comcast non longer supplies batteries with modems or gateways.  You can purchase one from Comcast, but you can find a better deal on Amazon for it thereby saving you $$$.

Question 2.) Why did I originally have to pay for my own router and I was paying for data modem rental all along the for the same price I am paying now when the new modem does the work of both? I hope you follow that question.

I think I do...  you purchased your own router to "add" something specific to your home network thart your original modem could not offer.  Your new device probably has those specifics installed now.

Remark/ Now that I think about it, I feel that I should have been supplied with a battery free of charge! As much as Comcast charges for modem rental every month and before all this I had supplied the router. Our bill just keeps on getting higher and higher and think that's the least they could do.

You will need to discuss that with Comcast directly, especially the bill climbing higher and higher.  These forums are peer-to-peer support areas and not direct links. 

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

darlee0 wrote:

Question 1.) I forget if I asked if I was suppose to get a batttery with this modem, but I did not.    Should I have received one? Maybe I asked and there was a charge or he said I really did not need one, I cannot really remember details and forgot about the modem not having a battery until recently, when I checked it. 

Comcast non longer supplies batteries with modems or gateways.  You can purchase one from Comcast, but you can find a better deal on Amazon for it thereby saving you $$$.

I think I do...  you purchased your own router to "add" something specific to your home network thart your original modem could not offer.  Your new device probably has those specifics installed now.

You will need to discuss that with Comcast directly, especially the bill climbing higher and higher.  These forums are peer-to-peer support areas and not direct links. 

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you! I appreciate your time in answering my questions. If I do buy a battery, I will take your advice!