New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Modem Lights

ANSWERED
Contributor

Modem Lights

Are both  TEL1 and TEL 2 modem lights both supposed to be on all the time.   On my modem only tel1 is on oall the time other light is off. phone works.   Had a problem the other day not able to make  calls,  did a reset online and the tel2 light did not come on just want to make sure all is okay.thanks very much for your help

Accepted Solution

Re: Modem Lights

allen6 wrote:

Are both  TEL1 and TEL 2 modem lights both supposed to be on all the time.   On my modem only tel1 is on oall the time other light is off. phone works.   Had a problem the other day not able to make  calls,  did a reset online and the tel2 light did not come on just want to make sure all is okay.thanks very much for your help

Unless you are paying for a 2-line service, only 1 of the TEL lights should be lit.... you  are okay if you have service and the TEL 1 light is lit.

-=Ray=-

View answer in context
Service Expert

allen6 wrote:

Unless you are paying for a 2-line service, only 1 of the TEL lights should be lit.... you  are okay if you have service and the TEL 1 light is lit.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Ray:

thank you very much for your help

Allen

New Poster

geek46 wrote:

allen6 wrote:

-=Ray=-

I cannot recieve incoming calls

Service Expert

albert1931 wrote:

I cannot recieve incoming calls

If you call into Comcast, the first thing they wioll do is have you reset your gateway/modem....   go ahead and do this on your own by unplugging all power from the device and let sit for 10 seconds....   plug back in and allow the device to fully bott up and reinitialize/reacquire signal...  once your TEL light is lit, try and make an outbound call....
If it doesn't work, you will need to call into Comcast and register a trouble ticket with them to have them look further into the situation...
Good luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon