Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Message light on, getting 3 beeps, no voicemail

New Poster

Message light on, getting 3 beeps, no voicemail

The message light is on and when I lift the receiver I get the 3 beeps that indicate that there is a voicemail message.  When I press *99, there is no voicemail.  I have also verified on line that there are no voicemails.  How do I get the message light to go off and the 3 beeps to go away so that I will know when I really get a voicemail.

Service Expert

Re: Message light on, getting 3 beeps, no voicemail

delj wrote:

The message light is on and when I lift the receiver I get the 3 beeps that indicate that there is a voicemail message.  When I press *99, there is no voicemail.  I have also verified on line that there are no voicemails.  How do I get the message light to go off and the 3 beeps to go away so that I will know when I really get a voicemail.

This is the "phantom" stutter tone, indicator light....  Use a different phone and calll your number and leave yourself a VM....  using your phone, retrieve the VM and delete it... you should now have no indicator light or stutter tone...

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon