Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Maximum Incompetence

New Poster

Maximum Incompetence

I am curious if anybody else had a similar experience, in which case I am interested to know a resolution. It seems in an information technology and super service era, Comcast's level of incompetence is lower than anything I have ever experienced. I have moved to their triple play service and have been trying for almost three months to have my phone successfuly transfered from Vonage. The only thing I got was very polite answers over the phone that mean nothing, as my problem is not resolved, even after multiple on-site visits. Never ending requests for 3rd party authorisation, discussions with Vonage to ensure my phone is out from them, discussions with Comcast to see what the issue is. As I said, if you experienced the same, I would like to know if you had a resolution...

I will take my experience to the media, to ensure others are aware of Comcast level of service...

Regular Visitor

Re: Maximum Incompetence

Good luck with that.  I hope what happened to me will not happen to you.  Both services should still be "live" in order to port your number from one to the the other.  Porting numbers should be easy, if there's cooperation between the two companies.  I lost my number and was not able to port it because I ran out of time and my old service went out of line before it got transferred.  All because of BS and finger pointings.  This happened 4 years ago, so I'm over it now.

Cable Expert

Comcast will only port numbers in the rate center you live in.  If your existing number is in a different rate center, then it's not happening.  Many VOIP and mobile numbers are in different or nearby rate centers that would not be ported by Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I wish you the best of luck.  I have been trying for 5 months to get internet and cable TV installed in our home.  Same story...polite promises, numerous v6-8) visits from technicians, excuses why they can't complete the task and more polite promises that they will send someone else out to get us hoooked up.  I EVEN HAVE A CONNECTED CABLE SITTING ON MY BACK PORCH THAT ONE OF THE TECHS STARTED BUT DIDN'T FINISH CONNECTING!

We receive at least 1 solicitation a week in the mail to choose Comcast Xfinity as our cable TV and internet provider.  My Question....WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Serious disconnect between customer call center and people who actually come out to do the work!

As you said..Maximum Incompetence!

Contributor

Try to drop a note to "we_can_help@cable.comcast.com". This is corporate resolution. Hopefully they can help you and have this go further for you. I ported my number and it took exactly 5 days to happen. The key is to not cancel your existing provider as the transfer will make that happen automatically. What I did is call my existing provider to make sure that a request was made and they confirmed it and gave me the date it would happen. Good luck
Valued Contributor

That is one thing i don't miss working there is porting numbers...  Depending on the service it could take a day or two, usually fairpoint, or verizon were good about porting numbes (most of the time) but vonyage can take up to 3 months or more, they are slow unresponsive and when the are ready to port the number they stall.  I have actually sat on the phone for an hour with vonage to get a number ported and sent over the necesary stuff to have the number ported but it still took another week for them to do right.  

Some of it does have to do with rate codes, but as more and more people are going with voip that restriction is easing a bit and with people porting their cell phones to their home phones, they are trying newer and newer ways to keep on top of it.

Basically porting is the old arachiac way that phone companies did things and it is really a pain and a tactic to keep customers by ticking them off so much thinking its the new company messing up when its really them draggign their feet.