Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Magicjack no longer working.

New Poster

Magicjack no longer working.

I had a glitch in my Windows 7 OS and had to do a small fix.

How my Magicjack is not working.

It worked just fine pror to fixing my OS.

Now the light does not come on at the back of the router where the cable is going to the Magicjack and the lights to not light up on the Magicjack itself.  I did try changing the output on the back of the router and trying a different plug with no success.

I have the Magicjack connected directly to the back of the router to the Magicjack and then of course the phone line from the Magicjack to the land line.

Again it worked just fine prior to the fix to my Microsoft Windows 7 fix to the operating system.

Help?

Problem Solver

Re: Magicjack no longer working.

A lot of people have been having issues with MagicJack not working on various providers. It is not just a Comcast issue.
New Poster

Thanks for the reply however I find it strange that it worked just fine prior to me having to do a minor repair on my operating system (Windows 7).

No hardware changes at all.

New Poster

Would anyone else have any suggestions?

Problem Solver

Find a different VoIP carrier.
Regular Visitor

If the Magicjack usb plug lights arnt working it failed and Mj will send u a new one no charge. That happened to mine mj sent + i had in 2 days
New Poster

Issue resolved.  Got on chat with MagicJack and they had me remove and reinstall the software.  Then switch to USB which worked.  The fix is a bad AC adapter.  The adapter for my Iphone worked just fine.  They are sending me another one.

Thanks to all for your help.