Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

MAJOR STATIC-PHONE SERVICE IS USELESS

Frequent Visitor

MAJOR STATIC-PHONE SERVICE IS USELESS

there is so much static on my line the Comcast rep cannot even hear me and I can only hear him off and on again. I told Comcast to cancel my phone service as it is useless and they said I would then have a higher bill for only internet and cable. Totally useless phone service!

Service Expert

Re: MAJOR STATIC-PHONE SERVICE IS USELESS

holmansj wrote:

there is so much static on my line the Comcast rep cannot even hear me and I can only hear him off and on again. I told Comcast to cancel my phone service as it is useless and they said I would then have a higher bill for only internet and cable. Totally useless phone service!

Static you speak of comes most of the time from your inside wiring.... and one more important issue:   ensure that your outside box (AT&T or former phoneprovider) has had its wiring DISCONNECTED from your house feeds....   sometimes these "old" connections are backfeeding voltage into your house wiring...   thereby causing the static you speak of.

Good lUck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: MAJOR STATIC-PHONE SERVICE IS USELESS

Why don't you just plug a phone into the back of the eMTA or gateway and see if the noise is still there, if it isn't you have a wiring problem, if the noise is still there it is a Comcast problem. If the noise is still there at the back of your Comcast device try a second phone directly plugged in before you call them.